Saturday, February 16, 2008

You'll be sadly missed - R.I.P




When I got my ambulance uniform over a year ago I was ashamed to admit that the largest belt they had did not fit me and I had to go home and drill another hole in the leather to get it around my waist. I hated that belt because it reminded me everytime I wore it, that I was fat!!

As the months went by my hated belt began stretching. But no, infact it wasn't the belt, but my waist shrinking. The day I could move the buckle to a 'real' hole and not my homemade one was celebrated. Then gradually as I moved the buckle in one hole at a time, I actually started to grow an attachment to this piece of leather. Where once it reminded me of my fatness, now it was pointing out my slimness. I would have a quiet smile to myself everytime I visited the restroom and did up my belt ... yep I am getting slimmer!! One year later I was finally on the smallest hole. A full movement of the buckle of 16cm!!

Yesterday some new uniform stocks came in along with belts. And in a moment of sadness I surrendered in my weightloss belt for a new smaller one. Yet it was also a proud, happy, excited moment of knowing what goals I could achieve this year and a wonder of how many more holes I could move it in.

So now the next step has started. I am back out to the biggest hole on a much smaller belt.

RIP fat belt ... you will be sadly missed

11 comments:

Zanna said...

Congratulations - what a wonderful feeling. Well done you!!! Love Z xx

Jaxx said...

Well done - do you mean the wetlands on the left just before Waihi Rd turnoff.....where the boardwalks are. If so that is the ones I always walk. They back onto our place. It is about 2 1/2km's of boardwalk.

Chris H said...

I was getting to you! I'm over my hissy fit, DIET COKE ROCKS is back.... and well done on the loss babe.... you be catching up to me!

Jaxx said...

Would love to catch up for a walk sometime. Let me know when you want to do it :)

jen said...

Well done, Congratulations on another awesome achievement!!

pointing the weigh said...

Well done!! You are doing so well!!

Hugs xx

Nona said...

What at excellent way to keep tabs (chuckle) on your weight loss. It must've felt so good to have kept moving down one hole at a time. I think each hole is actually a dress size.

Now you have a new marker. Cool!!! Let the games begin!!!

The Candid Bandit said...

What a fantastic thing!!

Firstly - congrats on a huge 16cm plus loss.

Secondly - I'd have that thing framed or hanging on my wall as a terrific reminder. Especially if it meant so much to you!

Lee-Anne said...

I remember when you first wrote about that belt and it really inspired me.

Now you've got another belt to work on. That's awesome.

Chubbymum said...

Well done on the belt hun that is fab.

CM

Kate said...

Yay for getting rid of the fat belt! Your doing awesome Lyn, keep up the great work my friend!