Thursday, February 14, 2008

More exams and maybe an ambo job ...



I have been sending my brain in knots (is that actually a saying?? lol think not) the past 24hrs trying to get these animations showing up for you all. I just simply could not understand it! It was showing up perfectly on my screen yet not on others screens. I tried 50 odd ways of uploading it with no solution.

In the end this morning I tried on my computer downstairs and it showed up fine, but on the computers in the shop (paid internet) it didn't show. So for some reason it shows on some people's screens and not on others ... so ....

I did a google search and think I have the answer ... it's dependant on your browser security settings on every individual computer. Hmm, not sure that I can fix that one! lol ...

So ... if you can see the animation can you let me know ... if you can't (and want to) change your internet browser setting to 'allow animations'. As to where that is on each of your browsers I'm not totally sure, somewhere around the 'tools/internet settings' type area.

Ok onto other news ...

I had my next set of exams last night. That last lot I did (around 4wks ago) was the theory part of a new set of analgesias (pain relief medications) and last night was the practical assessment which I always find a little daunting... but I passed so all good!

And the other news ...

I'm applying for a job in Tauranga. Not sure if I've mentioned this before on here but basically our shop building is being demolished and rebuilt starting Feb 2009 and taking anywhere up to a year to complete. We we get a new shop in the new building which will be much better than this one that leaks and is falling to bits. The landlord has talked about compensation but we have to be wise and think of other work as we have 6 mouths to feed and a mortgage to pay...

so ... hence why I'm starting to apply for jobs. I know it's very early but of course I want an ambo job and they are few and far between. And I've been told you need to have your name come up often for them to notice you.

Originally I considered Auckland but is a little too far to commute (ambo is 2 day shifts/2 night shifts/4 days off). But will do what I need to do to get that elusive job. Then this one has come up in Tauranga... but ...

They require someone at AO level (one level higher than me and once I finished my Nat Cert this year I will be at AO level). It's a bit cheeky applying at a lower level but got to give it a try.

Spent yesterday doing up my CV and cover letter. My station manager has happily said she'll be a referee for me so that's nice.

I always hate doing cover letters, making yourself out to be the amazing perfect person, but I've gotta do it if I'm to get this job ...

It's a huge long shot but we'll see! I'll keep ya posted!

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Well I'm on a Mac and I think I have everything enable but can't find anything that says "enable animation". I get animation of every other site that has it but not yours... not sure why.

Anne said...

Will have a play around in our settings.

You aren't being cheeky applying - AO level is your aim and you are working towards it. I think it shows you have spunk and determination - you could just be the one they want! Good luck and I could be in a similar situation - job hunting!

Zanna said...

Fingers, legs and everything else crossed for you - and remember if you don't ask you don't get! Good luck Love Z xx

Jaxx said...

Good luck with the job - and I can see animations on all other sites but yours so have no idea.

Tania said...

Oh how exciting for you! Fingers crossed for the job - and yep, can see the animations too!

Lee-Anne said...

Does that mean you'll have no shop for nearly 12 months!!!!! Or do you have a temp site.

Do I worry????

As for the job - definitely go for it. Nothing ventured nothing gained.