Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Focusing on the happy ...


I should be over the moon. My scales showed a weight of 104.3kgs ... a 2.1kg loss. But am I being silly for not being happy with that? I'm not sure what else I could have achieved.

Why the disapointment? ... I have gotten into a huge yoyo thing going on. I lost 2kgs two weeks ago, then put on 2.2kgs last week, now lost 2.1kgs this week. See the pattern? Is it a pattern? or is it just one week that I stuffed and now have gotten back on track again.

I know I'm probably overthinking this one and at the end of the day have to look at the fact that I've done the best I can this week and over the last 3 weeks have lost 1.9kgs.

Infact in the bigger picture I am coming up to my one year anniversary of rejoining weightwatchers. And in that one year I have lost nearly 20kgs. Infact that is my goal to achieve ... to have lost 20kgs in one year. I have until the 23 February to lose another 1.7kgs. That's 17 days or 2.5 weeks. To make it easier I'll take it out to the weighin for that week ... Wednesday 27 February I want to have lost 20kgs... you think I can do it??? 600g a week ... yep I'll do ... just watch me!!!!

And I've started bidding on a new pandora charm on trademe in anticipation of the event! :)

7 comments:

Anne said...

No a yo yo at all! Just one bad week! You can make the 20 k's in that time!

The Candid Bandit said...

This was a fantastic week's loss. Don't forget that! I agree with janene and anne. Not a yo-yo trend. You had a bad week then kicked it.

You absolutely can make that 20kgs WW goal!

Chris H said...

I feel totally confident you can and will do it sweetie! Hope you win the charm too.

Anne said...

Lyn - re your comment on my blog about not being able to face aqua yet! Think hard about it - seriously all shapes, sizes, ages etc in our classes. No-one gives a toss. Some of the less game wear t-shirts over swimwear. No-one sees you in the water - and who cares!! The three of us were talking today about the benefits we have all gained from aqua - we all agreed along with weight loss and toning, just gets rid of any stresses you may be feeling. Sometimes we get people that watch to see what they think before they start - maybe that could be a thought for you. And please don't worry about how you look - I didn't to start with as I thought this was something I was doing for me and I didn't give a toss what people thought! Phew - I do go on a bit!!!

Kate said...

You can do it girl! 1.7 in 2.5 weeks...totally doable!

Tania said...

Just try stopping you! I don't think you'll have any problem achieving your goal. And as to the yo-yo affect look at it this way - you did well to lose the gained weight so quickly!

Nona said...

I am very confident you can do it!!! And I think it is just wonderful that you've lost nearly 20kgs in one year. That's so inspiring!!!