Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sometimes we gotta just jump into the big black hole


Thankyou for all the kind words of encouragement. I'm feeling so much better about the job. It's all about confidence which can only come with time and experience. I think it stems from the fact that I'm entering a new stage in my ambulance work where I've gone from being a newbie learning from others, to being a senior officer training others. On every single job I do I still learn and have got truckloads still to learn but there is a security in letting the buck stop with someone else and when something goes wrong being able to blame it on not knowing and the senior officer is in charge.

Now that I have my basics down to a refined art I can't blame it on anyone else. Now the buck stops with me. And that can be scary but not bad for me. It can only make me stronger.

I have weighin tomorrow. I'll be happy with a little loss. I've been a good girl all week and on points, but I can't be expecting 2kg losses every week like last week. Wait and see what happens. It will be sooo good getting over the 20kg loss mark. Feels like I've been saying for so long that I've lost just under 20kgs when people ask.

I've started getting quite a few comments on my weightloss lately which is nice. I don't tell people that I'm trying to lose weight but if they ask I'm not scared of saying what I'm doing. Oooooh! And I get to take another update photo for you guys when I reach my 20kg lost mark too. 1.7kgs to go ...

4 comments:

Anne said...

1.7kgs to go - so close!!!

Good luck with weigh in:-)

VegasGirl said...

wow! what an amazing story. Just think, if you weren't there, someone might have moved him or done something wrong to cause him to never be able to walk again.

Those random compliments on weight loss are always amazing, aren't they?!?! They help my reaffirm my resolve so much.

jen said...

Won't be long and you'll be saying I have just lost a little over 20 kilo's.....wowwwwwwwwww!!

Keep smiling, your're doing a great job with your weight loss and the ambulance....

Kate said...

Your doing a great job! 1.7kg is sooooo close!