Thursday, March 10, 2005

Kindness breeds kindness

Blow Kiss


I've finally got sick of the old tagboard being down one too many times so I've changed over to the other one people seem to be using. Only problem is it plays up with my layout a bit by making everything wider. It seems to look ok on my screen but I have a 21 inch monitor. What does it look like on your screens? Does it mean you have to scroll across from left to right? Let me know if it's not right, I only want an up/down scroll not left/right one.

Thankyou for your awesome tags/emails. Today I'm feeling really positive about stuff. Bill and I made a challenge for ourselves yesterday to 'crack' any stiff and cold customers by being REALLY friendly and chatty. And it worked!! One particular customer who has been short and sharp with stiff bodylanguage the last few days I made it my mission to get her talking!! We got talking about what they were doing and I asked her questions about her life. Her face lit up, the ice cracked and she ended up walking out with a smile. Boy that was such a fantastic feeling!!!! That's our stategy (sounds such a calculating word... lol) to overcome this whole situation by making it our challenge to smother everyone in friendliness. It not only helps people forget the gossip, but helps us stay positive and ontop of everything, rather than getting dragged down.

Things always turn out for the better if you have a good heart about it. Flippin hard thing to do in reality, far easier said than done, but boy the rewards are soooo good when you do!!!

We made the plunge of putting Jese and Jordan into full time daycare Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Mostly it was the cost that stopped us doing that in the past but it's been fantastic allowing Bill and I to work together in the shop on those days. Not only is it good for us, the customers love it too seeing a husband and wife working together. And Jordan and Jese are loving having the other kids to play with at daycare. Infact we had tears this morning from Jordan when he discovered he wasn't going today. They haven't had a lot of interaction with kids their own age since we moved here 7mths ago so that was another big reason. It will also help to develop Jordan's language. He's off to school in July and he still talks in a language only select people can understand. I'm not too worried about it because Malachi was the same and now at 7yrs he's doing great academically.

My eating?? ... mostly good ... by that I mean I've counted points and stayed under, but had a couple of lollies in the shop. Not too worried because I also made wise choices too. Bill and the kids went and got KFC for dinner, asking me if I wanted any. But I'm proud to say I declined and heated myself up a ww dinner instead! So I ended the day having drunk my water, eaten under my points and no alcohol!

We're off to Hamilton today to get all the paperwork signed for our finance on the new shop, so that's exciting. By choosing to focus on the positives rather than the negatives makes our lives so much more rewarding!!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 69.0kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65-68kg

No comments: