Friday, March 18, 2005

Eyes say it all

Dolled Up


I've had to relogate another lot of clothes to the "too big" box. I still haven't made the break of actually getting rid of these clothes. Before you all start nagging me (lol) I will get rid of them but all in good time. My brain is slowing bending to the fact that I can say I will NEVER need to wear these big clothes again. I've maintained my goal weight for 2mths now! Wow has it been that long? That's got me thinking about putting a "weeks I've been at goal" figure on the side achievements of this site. It really doesn't seem much of an achievement to just stay the same but I have to be proud of that!

I watched Eat Yourself Whole last night. My heart went out to the girl on this weeks show. She like totally put herself out there, worts and all, showing her weight, measurements and cholesterol levels on nationwide tv! There's one thing to have before photos/weights when there is an after one to follow... but to only have 6wks to show a difference there wasn't much she could do in that time. Seeing the food she ate at the start (chips, burgers, lollies) brought back alot of memories of how I used to eat. We forget how we have actually changed. For the most part we are hard on ourselves because we could have done better with the changes we've made. But we have to continually remind ourselves that Rome wasn't built in a day and that one small change for the better is moving us closer to our final goal. So what if we didn't make all those other changes this week!! As long as the benchmark is shifting we will be shrinking.

Then I watched Extreme Makeover on two sisters who were born with a clef palet (sp). One of them had survived 24 operations to try and correct their birth deformity. I had tears in my eyes on their final reveal! They shined!! Not because of their beautiful new enlarged bossoms, or their corrective surgery on their lips, or their new hair extentions, or their georgous new outfits and make up ... but their eyes!!! Their eyes were so proud of themselves!! (and rightly so!) The saying "beauty is from within" is sooo true!! When someone feels so good about themselves it shows through in such a refreshing way! (especially two woman who have been through so much teasing and stares)

Someone said to Bill the other day "Lyn's a really good sort huh?" to which he replied "she's perfect in everyway". He was telling me this that evening and I tried to correct him saying I wasn't perfect. He interupted me to say this ...

"When someone is beautiful on the outside, but their face says 'I know I'm beautiful and you can't have it' it does nothing for their beauty. But when some is as gorgeous as you AND has a friendly face with open eyes that invite you into their conversation ... THAT IS THE ULTIMATE IN BEAUTY!!"

I was blown away by his words! It was the ultimate compliment. I was embarrased and didn't know how to respond but my heart was beaming!!! The hard times we go through as 'fatties' ultimately makes us even more beautiful!!!

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 69.7kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65-68kg

No comments: