Thursday, March 17, 2005

Fried brains for dinner?

Pot Of Gold


Happy St Patricks Day and top-oh-da-mornin-to-ya!

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. Busy, busy, busy. Sorry no exciting news either.

I had probably a few more bourbens than I should have had on my planned Monday night blowout, but that's what I love about the points system ... we can savem back with no guilt.

Today was my first day off in 10days so I was exhausted!! Slept for like 2hrs in the middle of the day! (what a nana!!! lol) ... think it's all catching up on me.

Every spare moment we've had off we have been organising stuff for the new shop. We're putting in a really cool till system ... actually the same system that all Woolworths supermarkets in Australia use (well that's what they told us) but it's completely mind blowing at the same time. It does so much that there's sooo much to learn about it. We had a 4hr training session on Tuesday and my brain was fried by the end of it. We have another 8-12hrs of training still to do yet!

We've got the tedious task of entering every single barcode (of stock in our shop) into the system at the moment. Considering we'll probably have between 10,000 and 12,000 different products, and each product takes around a minute to enter in (and not even counting the time of bringing home 1 of each product so it can be scanned) ... am I starting to get it in how big this job is?? lol ... but really I'm not complaining because it's all very exciting too!! Once this system is up and running it will make our stock/GP control so much better!! At the moment it's very hit and miss.

Eating? Hmm ... I've been good, counting points. I'm trying to stick to 18pts for the remainder of the week (supposed to be on 24pts to maintain) to work back the extra points used on Monday night. Last night after dinner I ended up having dessert (which wasn't planned for) and went over by 4pts for the day. (finished up on 22pts). At first I felt really bad about it but on re-evaluating what I did... think I did a pretty good job. I ate fruit salad, custard and a ww pudding. Hang ... 2yrs ago an overindulgence would have existed of far unhealthier things than that!! lol ... I've really got to give myself a break sometimes. But really ... things are going good, I'm eating good, and life is finally back to some normality again!! Yay gotta be excited about that!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 69.7kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65-68kg

P.S. Janine ... thanks for the tip. Yes my area leader also suggested this to me. Apparently she gets similar requests alot from soon-to-be leaders.

P.P.S. Thankyou Karen and Jules for your congrats :) And LOL Jules - Christchurch is a liiiiiittle far for me to travel, maybe. :) Thanks for the compliment all the same.

No comments: