Thursday, March 11, 2004

Onwards and Downwards

Bouncy 3UPDATEBouncy 3
I've added a chat room to my website because I often thought it would be fun to chat with you all live ...
I'll be there most days so come on over
by clicking the link at the bottom of this page
Wanna Chat


Yes you read correctly ... 1.1kg loss!!! wahoo!! ... this means two things this week ...

1. I have now officially lost over 5 stone total!5

2. I'm now over 3 quarters of the way to my personal goal of 65kg! High Five

I'm really starting to feel slim this week. I still have a long way to go on my hips, tummy and thighs Push Upbut I really can see the improvement. It's so true that your minds image of yourself takes much longer to catch up than your actual image.

For me this was true when I got fat too ... Fat GuyI still thought I was slim skinnyfor a long time until I saw some recent photos. And even then I thought that there was something wrong with the camera ... that it was showing me as far fatter than I really was ... Hystericallol

And now that I have lost weight I am only just starting to feel it. I've felt the positive effects for a while but actually starting to KNOW that I am slimmer has been a long time coming.

My weight watchers leader asked me if I wanted to enter Slimmer of the Year competition tonight. Who? I'm flattered that she thought of me. But I said no... for this years entry anyway. I would have to be at my ww goal by May and have done a 6wk maintenance by then. Just too tight for my liking. If I didn't make it in time I would feel like an utter failure instead of focusing on all the weight I have lost I would focus on the missing out on getting to goal on time. But I told her definately next year I will try. And by that stage I would have been at goal for 8 or 9mths or so... far more impressive for the judges. It will also give me something to go for once I get to goal ... setting the promise to myself that I have to stay slim to go for that.Dream Big#1 Trophy

It reminds me of a story (ohhh nooo you sayOh Jeez lol) ...

When I got to goal the first time 10yrs ago with Jenny Craig, I was asked if I wanted to try for an advertising campaign. Brows So I went through all the interviews etc competing against over a hundred other new slimmers. A few months went by and I heard nothing. In that time I went to the States Bon Voyagefor a 2mth trip. While I was over there I tracked religously, watched what I ate, swam Swimmingin motel pools when I could, did as much walking as I could. But the American food was just soooo fattening DonutPretzelDonut 2that I couldn't do anything about the kilos I was packing on. skinny (I seriously don't know how they lose weight over there). When I returned to NZ I got a phone call Chattyto say I had been chosen to appear on a Jenny Craig ad. I was to fly out to Australia in two days to start filming. My first thought was of exhiloration and excitement ... then a few moments later I realised that I couldn't do it...Tears I had put on 6kg while I was in the US. Although I had previously lost 40kg they couldn't use me in advertisement if in 2mths after getting to goal I had put back on 6kg. I was gutted!!

And to some degree I am still dealing with feelings of fear when it comes to maintenance. Wimp I know I can lose weight ... I've done it before ... but to keep it off ... that's what I'm scared of. I'm fine if I have something to go for ... some goal to achieve. But I'm scared that when I don't see the scales dropping down I will lose motivation. Guess I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

For now I'm going to focus on my fantastic achievement tonight!! Way Too HappyYay!! Onwards and downwards I say!Bouncy 5

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 75.2kg
GW 65kg

No comments: