Tuesday, March 02, 2004

It's Good To Be Back In The Gym Seat Again :)

LOL ohhh Lynda I had to laugh at your comment ... thankyou!! :D Made me realise how hard I am being on myself lately. I am so desperate to get to goal that I feel any splurge will kill my weightloss. Here I am telling others that we have to be real, to live life and have the occasional treats yet at the same time I am whipping myself for doing just that! Good wake up call for me here!

As much as I was dreading going to my gym assessment last night I am now so glad I went!! Once I got there and starting doing it I absolutley loved it!! The look on the Personal Trainer's face when she saw my weight, was unforgettable!! She knew I hadn't been to the gym in over 6mths and I said that my exercise was very minimal during that time. And when I hoped on the scales it recorded a 15kg loss since my last assessment (9mths ago)... Her eyes popped out of her head and she was stunned for words ... "sssoooo? what the heck have you been doing then for the last six months to have a huge loss like that!!???" I just laughed. I told her that I have been doing weight watchers for the whole time and that while I haven't been doing gym stuff I was still eating healthy. "Wow, it's obviously working then" she said.

I told her I thought my fitness would have gone down tho (= blood pressure up and resting heart rate up) but to my surprise they were both down on last time too.

For the first six months at the gym I did 100% cardio with no weights because I didn't want to build muscle but just wanted to lose fat. Now I am finding I have flabby bits that need toning as well as lose more fat. So she's put me on a program of 50% cardio / 50% weights. It's been over 10yrs since I've done a weights workout and once I started the memories started flooding back!! The feelings of pushing myself till my muscles wouldn't work anymore. I just love that addrenaline feeling ... wow!!!

Just over 10yrs ago (before I met Bill when I was single and had all the time in the world) I was doing 6 days a week (2hrs a day) body building. This was when I was at goal the first time. I was building up to enter a body building competition. That was my 100% focus but of course I met Bill part way through and then the gym work went out the window. Suddenly I didn't have the time or commitment to my workouts anymore.. so I just stopped. I got so close to entering the competition but hey I figured if I couldn't give it 100% focus then there was no point. And I've never done weights since ... until last night that was ... and I LOVED IT!!! Was so good to be back again. This might be just the thing I needed to inspire me back into exercise.

Today I can feel those butt muscles again ... like I actually have some form to my body. I know one nights workout won't show on the outside yet but I can feel it from the inside ... wahooo!!

Let's hope I'm not too stiff for my next workout. I tried to stretch properly but with such a hard workout (I nearly couldn't finish all my reps) there's bound to be some muscles I've missed.

Jordan had his first day at kindy yesterday and loved it!! When I went to pick him up he was sitting at the very front of the mat 100% focused on the story the teacher was reading, there he was with his bag and hat, legs crossed, and arms folded ... tooo cute!!! This morning when I came out to the lounge here he was all dressed with his hat and bag ready to go again. Disapointment came when I told him he wasn't going till after lunch. I went to get him breakfast and he said "no!! I don't want breakfast ... I WANT LUNCH!!" LOL!! He is soooo cute some days!!

Here's my eating for yesterday before this post gets too long.

Monday 1st March

Breakfast - 1pt
Apple 1pt

Lunch - 4 pts
bread 4pts
Tomato/cucumber 0pts

Dinner - 7 pts
potato bake 7pts

Snack - 7.5pts
rum and diet coke 2pts
surimi 2pts
low cal dip 0.5pt
rice crackers 3pts

Total Points used - 19.5pts
Water - 1500mls
Exercise - 1hr 15min gym workout (50% weights/50% cardio)
Bonus Points - 8pts
Total Bonus Points - 0 pts
Points saved - 0.5pts
Total saved - minus 1.5pts


In yesterdays post I had only a minus 3pts balance at the end of the day but I changed that to minus 10 after remembering some food I forgot to record. So after the gym workout and my days eating I'm now back to minus 1.5pts ... not too bad. Although my scales are showing a gain today (I had a sneak preview) I'm hoping this is because of TOM and will disappear before weighin tomorrow ... here's hoping!!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 76.4kg
GW 65kg

No comments: