Sunday, March 07, 2004

Great Day Out

Our weekend away went really well...

On Friday night Bill had a friend from work over for a few drinks Beer 3 and a BBQ. Barbeque I said no to the alcohol and they decided they wanted sausages and chips ... hmmm ... not a good choice for me. So I grabbed some chicken kebabs out of the freezer, microwaved some potatoes for myself with lite sour cream and did up a lettuce salad Salad and peas all while they ate their chips and bangers ... and I didn't miss it one bit!

Bill kept asking me if I wanted a wine or two. I continued to say no but he kept nagging.Crazy Had to be really strong on that one. On the way to dropping his friend home he wanted me to call by the supermarket and pick up a bottle of wine ... even tried to make me promise ... I had to be so persistant on not having it!! Males can be so persuasive at times!
But in the end I succeeded at sticking to my points for the day.

Then early yesterday morning we set off for the beach.Way Too Happy My aunt has a batch at Pukehina (20mins away from Te Puke). It's just a concrete block batch but it sits right on the beach front. You walk off the deck onto the sand!! Really nice spot ... Tanny and the day was perfect weather.

On the way there Bill wanted to stop off at a bakery to get some breakfast for the kids as they'd only had a slice of toast before we left. I'd already had had cereal so didn't really need anything else just yet. But Bill parked the car and made me run in. I had to combat those early morning bakery aromas and all the scrummy cakes,Cake 3 muffins and lolly cakes ... boy oh boy!! The only low point food in there was a filled roll which was too much for that time of the morning. I resisted all the temptations AGAIN and walked out with pizza bread for Bill and the kids and a spotty soft (not particularly nice) banana Banana and a Mizone drink for myself. I then had to break the pizza bread up and serve it out to the kids without slipping a piece into my drooling mouth. This definately deserved a bravo star for this week.

A few minutes later down the road we caught up with my sister and her husband (also going to the batch) and when we wound down the windows my Brother in law started throwing lollies Peppermint Candy at us through the window. Talk about temptation flying at me in the face. I secumed to having 1 of them but handed the rest out to Bill and the kids. Drooling Bouncy Smiley

Just as we arrived at the batch my Uncle was pulling in a 7ft shark that got caught in the fishing net. I've never seen a shark up that close and it was quite a scary thought to think it was swimming where he had his net out only 20-30ft into the water!! By the time they pulled the net in it was dead so we all got to have a closer look. Their skin is quite amazing ... smooth in one direction and like sand paper in the oposite. Bill got a graze on his food (which bled) just from rubbing up against it try to help pull it in. After the novelty of the shark had warn off all the kids wanted to go straight back for a swim in the water ... obviously no comprehension of what had just come out of there!! Castawaylol ... I was a little hesitant as you could probably tell. It was such a nice day to not let them swim so told them to not go further than leg height (which was high enough given the big surf) They all had a blast burying eachother in the sand and running around.

My cousin, sister and I set off for a walk along the beach. The full beach is 10kms long from one end to the other and they live in the middle. We walked from the middle to the end and back to the middle again meaning a 10km walk lasting 1.5hrs and many tired muscles later!! (and 8 bonus points earnt!) Walking on sand is really hard going too ... I'm sure it's worth more than the 8pts lol.

I was on my super high points day of 32pts yesterday and I really struggled with it! Mostly head issues. I really couldn't get my head around eating so much! Zany But I know if I don't have my hi points day I'd do more damage by slowing my motabolism down too much. Lucky quite a few of us there were also doing weight watchers so there was alot of point friendly food brought. I tried an absolutely delicious ww fruit cake that was only 2.5pts per piece.

Recipe is ...

1kg mixed dried fruit
2cups flour
2cups strong coffee
150g fruit and nut chocolate (broken into small pieces)

And thats it!!Yummy

Soak the fruit in coffee overnight, then add the other ingredients ... mix and cook!! That's it!! and it was really yummy!! Makes 25serves @ 2.5pts per serve

We came home late last night and on getting home I still had another 4 or so points to use. So Bill and I sat in bed eating a bowl of lite icecream and smarties ... yumm ... nice end to a great day!!Brows

Today all the kids are tired, grumpy and sunburnt but nothing a good bath and sleep won't fix. Dreaming

Eating for yesterday ...

Saturday 6th March

Breakfast - 2pts
Tasti cereal 1.5pts
Skim milk 0.5pt

Snack - 3pts
small banana 1pt
Mizone 0.5pt
miscellaneous 1.5pts

Lunch - 3.5pts
kumera fritata 2.5pts
carrot/celery/cucumber 0pts
tomato salsa dip 0pts
rhubarb pie 1pt

Snack - 11.5pts
ww fruit cake 5pts
rice crackers/dip 2.5pts
spinich feta roll 2pts
3 pineapple lumps 1pt
half ww muffin 1pt

Dinner - 8pts
salad 0pts
dressing 1pt
smoked fish 0.5pt
potato 2pts
kumera 1pt
pumpkin 0pt
coleslaw 1pt
potato salad 1.5pts
oil 1pt

Snack - 4pts
half packet smarties 1.5pts
lite icecream 2.5pts

Total Points used - 32pts
Allocated points - 32pts
Water - 2000mls
Exercise - 1.5hr (10km) beach walk (on sand)
Bonus Points - 8pts
Total Bonus Points - 11.5pts
Points saved - 0pts
Total saved - 0pts


My weight is down today on the scales so looks like this Wendie Plan thing might be working!! :)

Incase any of you hadn't realised I've done a new 'mouse-over' trick with my picture at the top. Go on ... drag your mouseover it and see what happens :)) Shock 4

Until tomorrow Catcha! Waving
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 76.3kg
GW 65kg

No comments: