Monday, March 08, 2004

neighbours ... ohhh boy!! :)

Had my first run in with a freak neighbour!! lol

We were standing outside talking with 2 of our neighbours, chatting about how the house prices had gone up in our street with a house down the end of the street selling for $450,000 when we all paid a lot less than that to build our houses. And this was the conversation that followed ... (I can't stop laughing about it now to think that someone would be so bluntly insecure) ...

Neighbour ... "we paid far less than that ... $354,000 to be exact. What did you pay?"
Me ..."well yes we paid less too ... $342,000"
N ... "oh of course but yours is far smaller than OURS"
M ... "Yes it's slightly smaller by about 10sqmtrs"
N ... "And yours has less bedrooms than ours"
M ..."Well actually no, it has the same but yes it is smaller"
N ..."No ... yours only has 4 bedrooms where ours has 4 plus a loft"
M ... "hmmm ... ours has 4 bedrooms and a loft too, but yours does have an extra bathroom than ours"
N ..."No! Yours isnt a loft, it's a parent's retreat, ours has an actual loft! But yes youre right ours DOES have an extra bathroom!"
(whatever the hell the difference is between a parents retreat and a loft I don't know lol... they look exactly the same but ohhh well ... she wins ... I don't really care, I like our house lol)

OMG I could NOT believe someone could be so insecure about comparing their house to someone elses lol. It sounded like something you would hear in a 6yr old's playground not from a 50yr old... "my daddys stronger than your daddy ... naanana naa naaa"

I came home and told Bill about it and he couldn't believe it either! lol, she obviously needs a few more cuddles in her life.

I did really well sticking to my points yesterday that was until Bill brought a bottle of wine home ... hmmm ..... didn't do quite as well at resisting last night. Went over a couple of points in the day but I'm really not worried given the bonus points I'd earnt the previous day.

Eating for yesterday ...

Sunday 7th March

Breakfast - 2pts
Tasti cereal 1.5pts
Skim milk 0.5pt

Snack - 1pt
rice wheels 1pt

Lunch - 2.5pts
cup a soup 2.5pts

Snack - 5pts
5 glasses wine 5pts

Dinner - 7pts
macdonald foldover 5.5pts
small handful chips 1.5pts

Total Points used - 17.5pts
Allocated points - 15pts
Water - 750mls
Exercise - nil
Bonus Points - minus 2.5pts
Total Bonus Points - 9pts
Points saved - 0pts
Total saved - 0pts


I made the mistake of playing around with my website while under the influence of alcohol last night and made changes that I can't take back now ... whooops Bag Headlol. Oh well, don't like it as much as I used to but would take too much work to get it back how it was before. Remind me next time not to do that! lol

Thought of a brain wave how I can get more walking in. Jordan goes to kindy 3 afternoons a week. I wanted to walk him there and back with Jese in the pushchair but didn't think Jordan could cope with the distance (or the speed). And suddenly I clicked today (takes me a while sometimesPea Brain lol) that I could go up to kindy in the car, drop him off to kindy then walk home with Jese in the pushchair, leaving the car there. And then later in the day walk up to kindy to pick him up and drive home. That way he's not doing any walking and I am. And I get a walk back and a walk up again ... Yes!great!! Not quite sure how I will work Jese's sleeps around that one given he usually sleeps while Jordan's at kindy ...Hmm but I'm sure I'll work something out.

Suddenly got a whole lot of business work to get onto again... just the tail ends but it seems to all come at once. Wish I could click my fingers and it would all be done... guess I'm not a genie... bummer! I Wish

Catcha!

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 76.3kg
GW 65kg

No comments: