Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Yes I do talk to myself ...


I've spent the last few days sick with aches and fever. Glad to finally be on the mend again. My cat also had a fever with an absess and had to have it lanced by the vet. We're both feeling alot better today.

I don't make a very good patient. I started coming right yesterday afternoon but still just wanted comfort food. I made the decision in my head to have a large bag of potato chips. I chose the one I wanted and took them upstairs ... Bluebird Salt and Vinegar ... just about to open them ... mind games going on in my head. I deserved them with the stress and sickness I've had to endure ... yeah but who are you punishing? yourself? ... but they'll taste so good ... but you'll feel so sick afterwards ... I don't care about that ... I just want to feel good now! ... comon! You know you shouldn't!! Think of how you'll feel on weighin day if you don't have them!! ...

So I put them down ... and marched straight into the kitchen and cooked up some popcorn. Really didn't taste quite the same but I felt so proud of myself. And this morning I had an all time low on the scales. I have a feeling it won't last this low till weighin but still nice all the same.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Do you think we could come up with a recipe for salt and vinegar popcorn?

Zanna said...

Huge victory for you Lyn - I think most of us know how hard that is to do but can honestly say that every time you do it you get better and it becomes easier. My little Anne/Anne talk is usually in the supermarket when I think how much I'd like some chocolate and then the thoughts just the same as your's kick in and just about every time I leave the chocolate where it is. Hope you and and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Love Z xx

Chris H said...

PHEW saved by the popcorn... and an iron resolve!

jen said...

sheeeeeeeez send me some of that strength....I need it!!!

Good on you....awesome effort!!!

Kate said...

I have conversations like that with myself all the time, at least I now know I am not the only one!

Jules said...

I have that fight on my hands every day, problem is I never win it!!

Nona said...

Well done!!! I've been losing a few battles over the past few days. This helps me to remember that "no thank" is often a better answer for me than "yes, please".

Tania said...

Lol ... sounds like karma is at play with the number on the scales!

Have to remember that self talk, I know from past experience that it works. Even if they do say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness - as long as those numbers are dropping I say BRING ON THE MADNESS ... lol