Friday, December 28, 2007

Yep still here!

Just a quick update to let you all know I'm alive and well. We had a great Christmas with Mum and Dad, my younger brother, his fiancee and us. Ate way too much. Thought I was doing fine after lunch with my intake but then a new meal was served up for dinner and skipped on dessert. Was all very point friendly but just ate way too much of it. Went to bed feeling really uncomfortable. Tried to blame it on the grapes I ate in the afternoon making me gassy ... but no I think I just ate too much!

The last few days have been crazy!!! The crowds arrived yesterday and we've been run off our feet. And ambulance shifts have been crazy too. Not sure how much longer I can keep up the pace but taking it one day at a time. Bill must be getting tired too cause he's cranky!!!

But I'm not complaining, at least the money is coming in the till to get us through winter and I'm getting some good hands on experience with my ambo work.

Lee-anne tooted as she drove past the shop the other day. I didn't get who it was till after she'd passed ... so if you're reading this Lee-anne ... HI!!!! And hope to catch up for a coffee while you're still here.

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas! Not weighing in this week ... my one week off weighin for the year. Food hasn't been pointed out but watching what I eat and certainly getting lots of exercise running behind that counter!!

I'll catch you all in the New Year if I don't get a chance to update again before then!!!

10 comments:

Jaxx said...

Have a great new year -and also just letting you know I have started blogging again in my original blog and it is now public again.

Chubbymum said...

Isn't it great not weighing in... for one week... I am going to treasure it.. because as from Saturday I am tracking again ho hum. Hope you get some time to you aye hun...

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

it really is easy to underestimate what you are taking in until your side seams start a-bursting hey?

a week off is the best xmas present for all the great work that you have done over the past seven weeks!

Chris H said...

Glad to hear the till is filling up and not ya belly! At least you are being a good girl! Hope you have a fantastic silly season and New Year.

Chris H said...

OH and you are right, my weight gain is down to some fluid and monthly .... I suppose!

Tania said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas - I think we're all a little guilty of over-eating at this time of the year.

Hope that this busy period doesn't take too much of a toll. Have a fantastic New Year.

pointing the weigh said...

Great to read that you and your family have had a great Christmas and I hope you all have a BRILLIANT New Year also!

Huge hugs to ya xx

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Glad you have had a gr8 Christmas... nothing like being busy...

Zanna said...

Good to hear things are going well for you and you're sounding so positive and full of beans despite how much pressure you're under. Well done! Love Z xx

jen said...

One week off over this time of the year won't hurt....your're positive and your're busy and on the go so I'll be betting you'll survive...

Goodonya....

Jen xx