Saturday, December 08, 2007

Best policy??



Weigh in day again ... this week I'm 105.9kg ... a 900g loss. I am over the moon with this result ... mainly for the fact that I've managed 5 weeks of losses in a row!! I'm really enjoying my relaxedness about it that I have at the moment. I'm able to just quietly track my food and live my busy and sometimes stressful schedule ... and still stick to plan.

Sometimes I have the tendency to get over passionate about weightloss and while there's nothing wrong with that short term, for me I find I burn out. I can't keep up that energy imput focussed weightloss without something else being effected and/or giving up.

For the last few weeks I've been able to just plod away at my tracking, having the blowouts, feeling bad about them but getting right back on track the next day.

It feels good, it feels comfortable. But as we all know comfortable CAN be a dangerous place to be with mediocrity soon taking it's place. And before I know it I've fallen off the bandwagon.

So how do I find the sensible ground in this? I guess by being stern on myself in regards to tracking and accountability, with honesty being the central point. Other things can and will go wrong some time but as long as I'm honest with myself and those around me ... THAT is what will get me to goal!!

9 comments:

Chubbymum said...

You sure are going to do it hun!!!

Well done on your loss

Chubbymum

jen said...

Thats it in a nutshell...honesty!! You have to be honest with yourself as you are the one doing all the work, that and being accountable to those scales weekly is whats getting me BACK to goal!!

Keep up the great work..well done.

Lynda said...

Well done Lyn - its so great to see you getting back to where you used to be... soon it will be back into double digits!

Nona said...

This is a great result!!! Congrats!!! Hopes this puts you firmly in front of hare. ;P

Your post was very inspiring and helpful for me right now as my boat rocks violently in the dangerous waters of waining enthusiasm.

Thank you!!! {{{Hugs}}}

Btw. I shared your previous post with James and we had the best laugh at the manuka honey and meat diet. LOL!!!

Kate said...

Congrats on the loss.

Just remember that you want this, and you want to win, be honest with yourself and track, and you'll be good to go. I know you can do this!

Jules said...

Love your challenge with Bill, looks like there isn't much in it!! Good on ya chick.

Tania said...

Oh how right you are! Congrats on the loss and for finding what it takes to make this journey work for you - that's the key to it, pity it took me so long to work it out ... lol ... but better late than never!

Rachel said...

Great loss Lyn!

Looks like Bill did himself in this week with trying to muck you up when all he did was muck himself up *snigger*.
Only 100grams apart......go lyn, go lyn, go lyn.

Lee-Anne said...

Great loss chick. I think I'm going to definitely make sure I rub shoulders with you over christmas so some of your fire rubs off on me. I've been quite stressed and busy and I've lost a bit of my oompf.