Monday, March 03, 2008

What some positive words can achieve ...


Thanks for all your concern about Bill. It certainly was a shock at the time, but have since heard of others who have had similar things happen. Although we are still no closer to find out why, the doctor has told him he is fine to go back to work and carry on with life as normal.

No more incidents have happened since and he's feeling 100% better.  I'm at least content in that.
...
Had a very cute little 5yr old girl in the shop today.  Her mum and dad have an account with us.  She came up to the counter with a couple of iceblocks and nervously asked if she could put them on the account.  I looked out the window to catch mum's eye who was waiting in the car.  With her nod of approval I treated her like I do her much older sisters, asking her name, and then got chatting to her about what class she was in school and who her teacher was. We had a lovely chat together and she excitedly ran out of the shop skipping off to her mum's car, smile as wide as could be!
Next minute her mum came in and asked me if she asked to put the iceblocks on the account correctly. "Yep! She did really well"
"Ohhh she was so excited to be just like her older sisters and do it by herself... but she was worried tho. As she hoped out of the car to walk in here she was saying to herself 'I can do this! I can do this! I can do this!!' "
My face lit up ... how cute!! If only we could all positive self talk as innocently as this little 5yr old and acheive as much, despite the fear of walking through that door!!!

11 comments:

Lynda said...

I'm so glad things are better with Bill's health - I wonder what it was? Do let us know when you find out, if you find out!

pointing the weigh said...

Good to read that Bills is okay, a bit scary there for a while.

All you can do is keep an eye on him.
I do hope they can find out as to why this happened to him though.

Cute little kiddie in your shop today.

I agree with your comment on my blog by the way!

Sending (((Hugs))) to you, you do so much and I think you could probably do with a few hugs what with Bill and everything you do.
xx

Chris H said...

Awww dats so cute... I can just picture that wee girl saying that!

Anne said...

That story was just so cute!!

Pleased to hear Bill is 100% now and here's hoping it won't happen again.

JustJo said...

Oh to be 5 years old again :) Lovin it!

celtic_girl said...

Maybe us adults can take a leaf from this young lady's book. I had a wee tear in my eye as I read this - so cute!

A bit scary what happened to your hubby, I think he should get checked over by a neurologist seeing as it has happened before.

Thanks for your comments on my blog as well, Lynn.

jen said...

yeahhhhhh if a 5 year old can do positive thinking ....let it be a lesson to us older ones ehhhh....

Hope Bill doesn't have a re-occurrence, you don't need that kind of scare again...

VegasGirl said...

awww. What a wonderful story!

Nona said...

Sweet!!!

TitanThirteen said...

What a lovely story, thanks for sharing it! :o)

Amanda said...

That is a lovely story. I can imagine how thrilled that little girl would have been... she knew she could do it and she did... we can learn alot from children. :)