Friday, March 21, 2008

See you can lose weight over Easter ...



HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

See? You can have easter eggs and lose weight!! Just do what this easter bunny is doing for 15mins prior to consumption This easter will be a pretty uneventful one for me. I'm doing an ambo shift today and working in the shop for the rest of it.


I heard an interesting thing on the radio yesterday from an obesity campaigner (preventing obesity in children). They said not to limit chocolate for kids over easter, infact feed them up on it if that's what they want. They had my attention with that statement! Because one or two days of eating chocolate is not going to make a huge difference in the big picture. It's the everyday treats that we should be trying to limit.


Very true!! Infact in my opinion if we don't give ourselves a little bit of chocolate every now and then I think as females we deprive our central nervous system ... and turn just stark raving mad!!! Well me anyway! Infact, I also heard on the radio yesterday (yes I was actually working, not just radio listening all day) that 33% of women feel they need chocolate every single day.
I don't think I'm quite like that, but certainly need it every now and then, just a little to keep those mad, crazy neutrons in my brain from exploding!


How bout you guys? Are you going to give in to the chocolate urge?

10 comments:

Kate said...

You know, I am totally one of those women who don't crave chocolate, I know, I suck!

But on major holidays, easter, Christmas, my birthday and Thanksgiving, I give myself leeway. Like the article said i think it makes me want it less to be able to have some good stuff, enjoy it, and not count it. Plus it's makes my holidays more laid back.

Marie said...

Hi there *waves*
I've been reading your blog for a bit now and thought I should say HI!

Its gonna me a no chocolate Easter for me!
xxx

Jaxx said...

I will need about 6 weeks to recover I think LOL, but yeah in about 6 weeks would love to do it again. Let me know when you want to do it and see if we can hook it up.

Tania said...

Have to admit I don't really crave chocolate but if it's put in front of me I won't say no either ... lol

I agree with the moderation thing in regards to Easter - it's almost like an expectation that we will over indulge (kids especially) in chocolate at this time of the year but it's what you do on a daily basis that counts.

I take Lachlan shopping twice a week and buy him a small freddo frog both times. I've had people telling me it's a bad habit because he comes to "expect" it every time he goes but I look at it a different way - it's the ONLY time he gets chocolate and he never questions why it's not in the house.

celtic_girl said...

I,m to afraid to try, don't know if I would be able to stop, you know the old saying "We not leavin until were heavin !! lol

Happy Easter

jen said...

I gave in to the urge....been a whole week of "giving in' !!!

Nona said...

I LOVE Chocolate!!! I would eat it night and day if I could in lieu of food, but I'm abstaining for now.

Love your charms in the side bar by the way and these lovely cool greens; Very nice!!!

Anne said...

Honestly resisted chocolate, did have a couple of buns and after a holiday weekend ate a bit more than I needed to - BUT - tomorrow is another Day 1 for me:-)

pointing the weigh said...

Hey hun
I made a little vid on my blog for ya.
I think you mentioned once about the snow we get here, so there ya go, although it isn't very clear. When I made the vid and viewed it on the full screen it looked clear and the snow flakes looked lovely but not sure if you can view it larger on You Tube but anyway the snow just for you, and for Cat to make her feel like she is sort of nearer home.

Love & Hugs hun xx

pointing the weigh said...

Dont forget to click the speaker twice on the bottom left hand corner of my photo album at the top of my page to stop the music on my photo album so then you can listen to the song on the You Tube.

Hugs chick x