Thursday, March 27, 2008

MEN!!!!!




How am I today??

Interesting question ... Numb would be one word. Angry another, helpless, manipulated, alone, lost, nervous with a small amount of maybe I'm over exagerating and it's all about nothing!!!

I certainly hope I'll wake up tomorrow and it's the latter.

As I type this Bill is driving to Rotorua ... for a job interview!

Yep! We have a business we run together, yep I am trying to train as an ambo officer which takes a good 40hrs a week, yep we have 4 kids together.

Why??? Because for the last 3 winters we have struggled financially, because he's lost the passion for the shop, because he's bored.

So much spinning through my head. My life is at a crossroads and will turn in a dramatically different direction depending on the decision of one man in an office in a supermarket in Rotorua!!!

I'm mad!! I have followed this man all around the country for the last 13yrs of our marriage so he can persue his dreams. The whole reason we have this shop is because HE wanted it, not me! And now that he's bored of it he's thrown his toys out of the cot and followed another idea. Leaving me to pick up the pieces.

What will happen to my ambo work?? I really don't know! I finally found a passion. For years and years I sat at home without a passion, no reason to wake up in the morning. Then I stumbled across something that made me feel like I was useful. Now I may have to throw it all away.

Put your foot down and say NO! you say?? Do you not think I have tried that? My husband is a very stubborn man!

What do I do now?? Not much I can do that I haven't already tried. My hands are tied and I'M PISSED OFF!!!

10 comments:

Chris H said...

BLOODY HELL! I would be ranting and raving too mate.... on the positive side, I am sure if you HAD to move, you could continue your Ambo Traning/work in Rotorua. Yik to Rotorua though! YIK YIK YIK... I lived there as a teenager.... has nothing going for it in my eyes. but then that's just me eh?

Anne said...

Sometimes just when you think life is going smoothly, something hits you!

I feel for you if you have to give up the Ambo work - it's really clear who much you love it!

Won't Bill get bored in Rotorua too! Running your own business is sometimes easier than working for a boss. You also live in a beautiful spot of the country. Hope he can see the light and it doesn't happen!!

Jules said...

I'm sure you could continue in Rotorua too. But I wouldn't want to move there.

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

Man alive!!!!
What is with that man of yours??

I won't even presume to think I could give you advice on this but I am hoping and praying it all works out for you *hugs*

Don't give up the ambo work you feel so passionate about just becuase he's lost his passion for his work.

I'll be checking in to see how this pans out.
Best of luck!

ps would you please consider adding my site www.slimming4health.com to your list of sites on your page??

Thanks Lynne

Cheers P

Tracy said...

Unbelievable!!!! No wonder you are MAD!! Maybe you could ring the prospective employer in Rotorua & tell him that Bills family do not want to shift, they would be unhappy & he is therefore unlikely to remain in the position long term. He really does not like to stick things out careerwise does he.

Good Luck.

Name: Lynise said...

wow, I know this must be frustrating but is there any way you can both get what you want.
Could you continue doing ambo over in Rotovegas.
I can understand Bill being bored as I've felt that way about my work in the past and if the winter months are a strain then maybe the move would be a financial step up for you both.
A friend of mine in Auckland sells business's I remember him saying that on average people only keep a cafe for 3 years and a dairy for 5 as the gruelling hours and tie to the business just takes a strain on feeling like you have a life.
Personally I wouldn't last a year having to be tied to a 7 day a week business so it could be that he is wanting some regular time off that most of the working world takes for granted, but self employed people often go without.
I hope it all sorts itself out, (I'm sure it will) so don't despair you will be ok.

Jaxx said...

Oh Lyn I hope that whatever happens you make sure you carrying on doing the ambulance. And I have to agree "MEN" sometimes I am so glad I am single. Hang in there....

Kate said...

Men suck! I'm sorry. That's the reason I remain single. The only men in my life are my dad, brothers and the other ones have four legs and tails...I think I will keep it that way awhile lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey. Happy easter to yah! I am getting back on the wagon - weighing in on April 1st - no matter what the weight is. Looking forward to keeping an eye on you too!

maria said...

Hi, I've found you through other blogs I visit. I admire how you share progress photo's.. and I'm impressed with your results to date! I was also very interested to know that you're heading towards a career and you have 4kids! I can identify re: where you spoke of not having direction (in past times). The fact that you have this passion for an ambo career is wonderful. I guess I'm hoping that you don't have to move again ie. hubby doesn't get that job. I feel for your situation because your work is just as important and by the sounds of it, you've made sacrifices. He needs to give a little. I'm hoping he'll "hear" you.