Sunday, March 02, 2008

The magic 15%


My weight has been up and down all week. It seems this 20kg mark is going to be a hard wall to get through. But positive I can do this. I mean all I can do is stick to points, drink my water and keep my steps up ... after that whatever the scales decide to do is out of my hands.

Even though it doesn't feel like the scales are moving I have suddenly been overwhelmed with compliments from customers about my weightloss. It's funny how it all came in one week! With a year of doing ww and maybe only 1 or 2 comments from strangers all year and then this week I had 5 comments in 2 days!!! Very bizzare!
My cousin told me once about 5yrs ago that people never notice till around 15% weightloss. So? ... 122.6kg x 15% is 18.4kg loss ... well looky there!!
So those of you who are getting disheartened because no one is noticing ... hang on till that 15% mark ... seems it's true!

7 comments:

Tania said...

I've always believed that so much of our success on this journey lies in our attitude first and foremost! And yours is always great - congrats on the compliments too - it spurs you on further to that next goal.

Chris H said...

WELL DONE chick...you ROCK.

Anne said...

hehe had to check that for myself.. :( still a way to go before my first 15% but hey, you give me hope.... you're doing GREAT :)...

Anne

Anne said...

It's funny how the compliments sstart all coming together! Well done - you are one determined woman!

TitanThirteen said...

Hey :o)
You've probably lost heaps around your face. It's really motivating when people notice :o)

In regards to your comment on my blog. I buy frozen meals when they are on special.They are awesome. I like the Beef Burgundy and Beef Hotpot with Weight watchers. The Lasanga is nice too. And the Apricot chicken in Lean Cuisene.
I'll only try something new if it's REALLY on special! like $2 off coz i'm cheap lol

jen said...

woooooooooohoooooooooo well done...it's great when others really start to notice!!

Hope all is well with Bill....

Jen

Nona said...

I love that cartoon. That's what I need to do move my butt.

Really happy people are beginning to notice your hard work.