Monday, October 15, 2007

Thursday looms nearer!!



Wow that comment was very bizarre. I'm happy to view people's opinions on any subject but ya'd think they'd make it a little shorter so I could be bothered reading it ... ummm nup sorry mate!! lol

The other bizarre thing was that I couldn't delete it. Everytime I pressed the delete button blogger would malfunction... very interesting!!

I think you're right in saying it was because I used gay and teletubbies in the same post. I had nothing against poor old tinky winky, just don't do the gay part myself very well. ... anyway ...

I had a blast and the costumes were a great hit... everyone's goggle eyes as we all walked in said it all. And yes I did get very hot!!! Infact at one stage I had to go outside for some fresh air and on looking in the mirror noticed my bright red face. I went to my station manager and told her "I think I'm overheating love ... look I'm taccycardic with a pulse of 120!! You don't think I'm gonna have an 'mi' (cardiac arrest) do you??" lol ... she chuckled and assured me I'd be fine.

We did get some photos taken but on another lady's camera (not digital) so not quite sure how quickly I can get them up on here.

I was very well behaved and did a lot more dancing than drinking and very grateful for that the next day watching the hungover people have to sit through another 5hrs of lectures!!

In saying that tho I do have a confession to make (oops better not use that word, might get a priest making another horrendously long comment) ... my eating has been shocking the last few weeks and I haven't hopped on the scales in absolutely ages!

I think subconsciously I'm putting it all in the too hard basket at the moment. When I had my ankle surgery a year ago I put on a major amount of weight purely because I was on bedrest for nearly 4wks.

And my surgery date is fast looming on me ... Thursday ... I have a horrible feeling it's going to happen again ... I mean I know it won't but this nagging thing sits there in the back of my head.

Once I get the surgery done and back on my feet again I can get back into it. Right now all I can think of is that horrible operation on Thursday! I probably won't get a chance to update much before that with working all day tomorrow and Wednesday.

Up bright and early getting everything packed for hospital Thursday morning. Have to leave around 10am with surgery booked for late afternoon.

I get to try out the new facilities at the brand spanking new private Grace Hospital in Tauranga but unfortunately I probably won't see much being in and out so quick. Not even sure I get a meal ... have to starve 12hrs before op and let out first thing the next morning... ahh well.

Home again on Friday. I'm kindly being picked up by my own private ambulance and brought home by my station manager ... how cool is that?? I was blown away at their offer!

I'll try and get an update done again on Saturday when I get home to let you know how it went.

I'm sure all will be fine ... I hope! As long as it's better than Pink Panthers experience I'll be happy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know its mind over matter, but you just gotta compensate your eating because you can't move. Heaps of protein to keep you full babe - maybe some yoga to build your core strength - so that when you are better you can kick arse again!

Chris H said...

The best of luck for thursday chick. I will be thinking of you.

Jules said...

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday babe and hope all goes well. Instead of focusing on the possible slip ups you can make focus in on the benefits this surgery is going to have on your whole life, making you move more freely and be able to be more active. And, as Airlie says, it is a bit of mind over matter and if you put it out there it will happen so put it out there that you are going to come out of this smaller and more healthy. Focus on what you have achieved so far, this has not been easy by any stretch of the imagination so you have already proved you can do "difficult". Keep on keeping on. LMAO at teletubbies

Anne said...

Hope all goes well for Thursday. After it's over it will be all onwards for you!

Chubbymum said...

OMG hun that spam comment was blooody huge GEESH some people aye.

So... I hope you are still up for visitors on Saturday?

Maybe making it bloggers only would be a good thing ouch.

Chubbymum

Nona said...

Glad you had a wonderful time at the party. Loved the video. Kind of like British hospitals, snickering psychopaths and all. Hope things go well on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

oh mate, I laughed my arse off at the pink panther vid teehee! hey good luck for Thursday, great stuff about the personal ambulance service and hang in there during the recovery so you dont undo all your good work! Will be thinking of ya *hugs*

Rachel said...

Good luck for Thursday Lyn, will be thinking of you.

The party sounds great, can't wait to see some photo's.
Which one did you go as??? (colour).

Lee-Anne said...

Can just picture you dancing away in your teletubby costume.

Good luck for Thursday. You'll be up and about in no time.

The Candid Bandit said...

I get you about life being hectic and good eating going on the back burner.

Sending stacks of positive vibes for Thursday!

Helena said...

Good luck for tomorrow, I'll be thinking of ya :)

Lee-Anne said...

Hope everything went well mate and you're doing a bit of resting up. Enjoy the long weekend mate, but I guess you'll be working.

Catch ya later.