Tuesday, October 23, 2007

On the mend

I had a bit of a down day yesterday. It wasn't just one thing but a combination of things that set me off. By the end of the day I had myself in a downward spiral (not helped by sitting alone on the couch thinking all day). So I sent an email off to a friend to get it all out.

It's amazing the wonders of verbalising something to someone. By the time I got her very kind reply I had most of it sorted in my brain. So today I'm in a lot better mindset and almost ready to conquer the world again.

My ankle is nicely on the mend with just a sticky strip over the wound. Bandage and crutches gone... yay! I have suprised myself and everyone around me in how quickly I've bounced back this time round. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that I want to get back to ambulance as quickly as possible. I went into the ambulance station for a coffee this morning. The ankle is a bit sore/swollen this afternoon but considering what I did I'm very pleased.

I watched an Oprah episode today on a weightloss challenge and it made me realise how much my motivation for losing weight has slumped. I found my motivation at it's highest when I got out each morning to walk. It was my time to clear my head and gain that motivation for the day. So I've made the decision to get back into doing that as soon as I can (obviously in consultation with my surgeon). I always find that when I start doing something towards my weightloss goals my motivation grows even if there's no motivation to start with. So that's my plan ... step one (acknowledge the problem) done ... step two (create a plan) done ...

... now for step three

9 comments:

Felicity said...

hey Lyn I watched same Oprah program and booked a session at the gym program motivated me

Felicity said...

hey Lyn I watched same Oprah program and booked a session at the gym program motivated me

Tania said...

Gee, you are doing well with your recovery, hope it's smooth sailing all the way!

I know what you mean about the motivation, I think it happens to us all sometimes.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Christine said...

Hey I watched that program too - isn't it nice to get a burst of motivation?? You take care!

Rachel said...

Glad to hear your mending quickly.

I love any sort of weightloss program as it always gets me motivated (for a time anyway...hahaha).

Anne said...

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a down day. Good to hear though the ankle is on the road to recovery:-)

Name: Lynise said...

have just caught up with your last two posts. Didn't realise your surgery was happening last week so sorry for not stopping by and sending my well wishes.
Hope the recovery process continues to go well, but don't over do it too much. Better to take it a tad slower and get great results rather then try and rush things if your body isn't ready.

Keep smiling.

Nona said...

I use to run every morning around 5:30 before I injured my knee some years ago. I really miss that ritual. You are right that it clears the head and set the day on the right track.

Glad you are feeling better and the ankle is healing nicely.

Anonymous said...

Schwartzenegger insists the victims of the 2007 Southern California firestorm residing at Jack Murphy Stadium are happy.
First he calls Tonight Show host Jay Leno an "idiot". Then he drops this bomb.
If it were Gray Davis the gods would have their media attack him mercilessly for these mistakes. Together they may be enough to cost any other politician his career. But not Arnold Schwartzenegger.
They say he says makes suspect comments all the time, and they are all buried.
And it is because they got BIG plans for him::::He is a tool who will be used to accomplish historical evil for the gods.

Just as we haven't seen any more of that "Everybody is happy." idiocy from the Preditor so do we no longer hear anything of the possibility a firefighter started one if not more of these SoCal fires, buried forever.
Weight training, promotion of pharmeceuticals, desensitizing "guy flicks" all prove the name "Preditor" is warentted.

They say there is a sense of "unease" at the State Capital, like he doesn't belong there. And he doesn't. He is not American. Sadly this is an issue that is too readily discounted.
He is not from the United States. His loyalties lie with a country that was the enemy of the United States a mere 65 years ago.
Just as we witnessed with Clinton in 1992 expect blacks to register and vote en masse for Schwartzenegger as well, a clue and a red flag.