Monday, October 01, 2007

so sack me then ...




Just a quick post to let you all know I'm still alive and kickin. Between ambo and doing my new job (graphic design consultancy) I don't have many hours left in the day ... even for sleeping! I ended up doing an 18hr day yesterday to get a project done for presetation to a client first thing this morning. Have still to hear back how it went, hopefully they liked it.

Had my first MVA on Friday (motor vehicle accident) with only minor injuries, very interesting all the same dealing with police and tow trucks.

I'm currently waiting back on my application to do Nat Cert (National Certicificate in Emergency Care) next year. My manager has approved it but the Regional Support Officer needs to approve it also. I'm a bit cheeky applying to do it because he told me 4 months ago that I wasn't ready and needed more onroad experience yet. But I put the application in anyway, what can he do? Sack me??

7 comments:

sandie_bee said...

He Lyn,
feel free to give me a buzz if you get snowed under with the graphic design work. :o) More than happy to help you out were I can.

:o)

Jules said...

We only get places in life when we take risks and be a little cheeky so go for it Lyn, as you say what hve you got to lose.

Have a great week.

Tania said...

Ok ... I wanna know your secret - graphic design job, ambulance, the shop, kids, family and still she manages to focus on and lose weight - sure you're not superwoman in disguise? :-)

jen said...

Geeeeeeee, sounds like you one busy lady....good luck with the application to Nat Certificate...and with the presentation. Hope the days get a bit shorter for you, don't burn yourself out!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

18 hours - holy cow babe! I would be proud of that effort and you are doing well on the kgs frontage too!

**Mellisa** said...

It is funny ..... you fix the drivers and I fix the cars in the MVA's .... *lol*
Hope you are not working too hard!! Then again, the busier you are, the less likely you are going to raid the fridge .... Maybe I should get a second job??!! lol

Nona said...

Good for you for going for it! Hope you are approved!