Friday, October 19, 2007

All done and dandy


I'm home honey!! Miss me??

Yep in and out in one day, no muckin about. I was in panic stations for a bit when they decided to bring my surgery time forward a few hours meaning I could come home last night instead of this morning. My organised ride via ambulance had to be rescheduled.

I arrived at the hospital to the flashest lastest interior decorated polava. Looking at the reception rooms no one would have guessed this was a hospital. At 11.30am I got ushered through to the first examination room, with vitals and weight taken. My BP was only 120/70 and weight 109kg (fully clothed) so happy with all that. Then off to get dressed into the stunning hospital gowns and leg sterilised, given a pair of slippers, dressing gown and sent through to bed to wait. The time actually went pretty quickly and before I knew it was being wheeled off to theatre. I was told to shuffle across to the operating table which felt like I would fall off of, it was so skinny. 12.43pm the theatre clock read and that was pretty much the last I remember.

Next thing they were calling my name and it was over. Felt a little pain (described as 4 out of 10) and sent through to recovery. 1.50pm so surgery only took an hour, hopefully meant good news with no reconstruction needed on the tendon.

Taken up to the ward and dosed on and off for the next couple of hours with my ride coming to pick me up around 6pm and home by 7pm.

I've been pretty dozey and in a bit of pain (not too much) for most of the day. Taking it easy for the next couple of weeks. The medical certificate they gave me instructed 42 days off work ... hmmm ... don't think so! lol

I have a follow up appointment in three weeks so will ask if I can go back to work then.

Until then I'm taking it easy on the couch as the pic shows.

Saturday I have Mandy and her family coming over for a BBQ so really looking forward to that.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Yaaa, glad it all went well and you are on the road to total recovery from this bloody ankle! You will be a new and improved Lyn.. rearing to go just in time for summer ... summer? What's dat? lol

Nona said...

Glad you had a successful surgery and are now at home safe and sound. Wish you a speedy recovery!!!

The Candid Bandit said...

Wont it be lovely to not have to think about this anymore.

Wishing you a quick and painless recovery.

xoxox

"The Captain" said...

Keep your chin up!!!!

Pandora Woman said...

*blog hopping to your blog*

*shudders* don't you just hate hospitals? Hope everything is moving along smoothly, and recovery is well on the way. I will check in weekly, see how you are doing.

I have added your blog to my links list. Leave me a comment if you can, just so I know it is OK?

Rachel said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well and your now resting up.

Read on Mandy's blog that you gals (and guys) had a lovely catch up.