Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just what the doctor ordered!

I got the sweetest phone call from Lynise on Monday to say she was kidnapping me for the day on Wednesday and taking me to her hairdresser to get rid of the greys I mentioned in my blog. I was blown away and it was the best thing I needed!!

So at 10am she picked me up and off we went. I nervously walked in to her hairdressor and had to admit that my haircut was home done. How embarrasing but she was lovely about it.

We discussed what colour I wanted and I told her something bright and 'punkish'! (delayed teenage rebellion coming out in me). "Cool! We'll have some fun" she said.



It was so nice having a hairdressor actually listen to me and not talk me out of something radical. We decided on a bright red, blonde with a dark brown base.

As she was washing the colour out she made a comment about it being VERY BRIGHT! As I took a look in the mirror I told her I LOVED IT! A look of relief come over her face followed by a big smile.



I got her to 'trim' up the mistakes and I had to chuckle as she commented how tricky it was to trim something that 'had no rules'.



Then she proceeded to get out the hairdryer!! I exclaimed "are you going to blowdry my hair?". She saw the look of horror on my face and asked "Oh don't you blowdry your hair?" Ohhh nooo!! Me and the hairdryer don't see eye to eye! lol but told her to go ahead anyway.

After a few moments she realised what I was talking about. "ohh I see what you mean" lol. A bit more product later and it was fine.

Taa Daa!!!








Lynise and I then went for a coffee and bite to eat at a cafe down the road. I suddenly realised my unusual haircut wasn't so unusual. In the few hours at the cafe I saw 3 people with the same haircut!! lol

We had a great catchup and talked the hours away!

Thankyou so much Lynise!! What a godsend you are!!!

11 comments:

jen said...

wooooooooohoooooooooooooo
LOVE the new look....its stunning!!

Jen xx

Zanna said...

Wooo hoooaaa sexy babe - love that colour and style. Go lady go!!

Chris H said...

***FUNKY*** You lucky tart having Lynise take you out.

Felicity said...

LOVE IT Lyn waahhhhooo

Anne said...

How sweet of Lynise! Love the hair - it is gorgeous!!! You are looking great.

Rachel said...

Lynise ROCKS!

What a sweet thing to do and what a stunning result.

You look gorgeous!

Nona said...

What a nice friend and what a beautiful colour and cut!!! Looking Good!!!

Christine said...

Wow! I love the hair. I had been thinking about cutting mine up in the back like that too! I love your color!!!

Happy Hallowe'en to you!

Tracy said...

Your hair looks gorgeous!!!! I love the colours.

The Candid Bandit said...

Fantastic cut, fantastic colour!

Lynise, I know you are reading this, you are one of the most thoughtful, generous and selfless people I know.

Again, you've brightened someones day. You are beautiful.

Lee-Anne said...

I love the hair. I bet it gave you just the boost you need.

Well done Lynise, that was awesome.