Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Bill still in hospital :(

Well I'd love to say that I resisted the temptation of the rum and cokes ... umm ... but that didn't happen. Although I was reasonably wise about it and didn't go overboard.

Bill is still in hospital. He was supposed to come home today but rang this morning to say that the head registrar guy had been to see him and wasn't happy with the amount of swelling he still had. Aparently it was supposed to have been all gone by 24hrs ago. I went up and saw him last night and he is looking much better but still very swollen. So they have booked him in for a scan (I can't remember exactly what they call it) this afternoon to see if they can work out the reason for the swelling. They think the infection might have moved down the neck. If this is the case then he will have to go back into theatre again. Hopefully it will all be a false alarm, and he will be home tomorrow.

I've started doing up a set of drawers for Laurens room (she's 8). We have this old set of a dressing table (with mirror) and tallboy in our room. It's currently in wood with a dark mahogany stain on it... quite ugly really. So I have started putting a coat of paint on it. And I've taken off the mirror and going to have it as a work desk for her. Doing it in a lavender sparkly paint. Really cool paint I found at the home show. It's got glitter all through it. Quite expensive @ $130 to paint both items but still cheaper than buying a new one. I'm going to do the rest of her room in lavender, dark purple and silver. I'll get some new funky silver handles to put on the drawers and a new duvet. I'm thinking I might make one out of a purple fur fabric and sew a big silver funky heart on it with lots of lavender/purple and silver cushions. Then put a lavender mosquito net over it ... what do you think? It's given me something to take my mind off things lately. For now I'll do up the drawers and see how I get on from there.

Business work has finally slowed down a little (for now anyway) Got a sample to have out tommorrow then nothing till my consultations next Monday ... yay a break! Then the next set is not due out till 1 November.

Eating has been ummmm .... not too good. But not going to beat myself up about it at the moment. I'll wait till everything is a bit more in order then get right back on track.

Thats about all for today.
Builders haven't sent any more photos through lately. Think they are still annoyed with the fireplace saga. Bit sad really. Oh well, I'll let you know as soon as I know anything.

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 81.7kg
GW 65kg

No comments: