Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Yay Me!!

Well I did it!! I walked and RAN the Round the Bays funrun on Sunday. 8.4kms in 1hr20mins... a record time for me. Infact I was the first female in from my group (out of 10 females) I had only planned to walk it but got up the courage part way through to run a little. Quite a weird feeling really. In school I hated running so much I left school because of it. Now I am actually doing it by choice!
Since Sunday I have been very keen to up my level of exercise. I did a 6km walk this morning and a 4.5km walk on Monday and Tuesday. I am really looking forward to weigh in tonight... I'm hoping it will be a good one. I feel slimmer but you can never tell what those scales will say. I always get nervous on Wednesdays. Hopefully this week will be a good loss. Fingers crossed. Just finished my period too so that should count for a bit of a loss too (I have high fluid retention during TOM)
Busy day with work today ... but cant seem to get motivated to get it done.
Jeserun had us all up at 4.30am this morning. Daylight savings has just finished and he doesnt seem to be able to get into the new ruitine of sleeping in later.
Bill is heading away for the weekend so I am a bit aprehensive how I will handle it all. Can be a risky time food wise when he is not home. Just have to keep myself busy I guess.
Dad's 60th birthday is a few weeks away and mum has asked me to bake a cake. They still don't know I'm on ww yet so I'm going to try and find a low fat recipe. Makes it a little difficult with dad not eating chocolate (gets headaches). Might try find a ginger one. His favourite. I'm a little aprehensive about that weekend also. Mum's house is a shocker for unhealthy food. Not a peice of fruit in sight and everything is fried or covered in sugar. Since they don't know about my lifestyle change (and I don't want to tell them yet) it may prove to be a difficult weekend. Aparently we are also going out for dinner to a restaurant. I have no choice in the restaurant we choose and mum said it will probably be a buffet one (which are usually high fat choices) AAArggghhhh!!
Well I'll let you know how it goes with weigh in tonight.
Wish me luck! (finally getting my bonus buddy too ... yay me!)
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 99.7kg
GW 65kg
9wks on ww

No comments: