Friday, March 07, 2003

weekend away

feel like I have this 'healthy living' thing under control now. Although I know complacency is dangerous.
My exercise is something I need to concentrate on.. it doesn't seem to come naturally but does it for anyone? I am really looking forward to joining that gym. Still cant afford it just yet. I am wanting to save up for the years membership rather than paying by installments as most people do. That way it is no extra burden on our already tight finances. My part time business is my pocket money (which we don't live on) so when I gather enough together I'll be running there as fast as I can.
Been a busy week for work this week and we have finally got our finances in order ... yay! All our outstanding bills paid and a pantry full of healthy food. Last week was a struggle with not being able to do the grocery shopping. Meant we had to eat what was left in the cupboard and freezers. I am a very structured eater and like to eat from a written plan. If I don't have in the cupboard what is on my plan I start to panic and would prefer not to eat at all than eat unhealthily... which is not good either way.
We went away last weekend and I went totally off the bandwagon. Way too much wine consumed and a bit of chocolate here and a few crackers and camenbergh there. Was sure I would have a gain this week ... but hello!! nope a loss of 600g ... yay!! This was the first time I had over indulged in the 8wks I had been on weight watchers. I actually think for the first time in many weeks I had eaten all my points which must have been the contributing factor.
I only have 400grams to go to break the 100kg mark. (my next goal) Hopefully next weigh in will be the winner. I am rewarding myself with a bonus buddy, a cute little contraption that measures the distance you walk and calaries burnt with every step you take. I am really looking forward to that one. That will be number 3 goal met out of 18 total. I am by far on track to slimsville. Yay!
My period is late and I am starting to worry a little. I cannot be pregnant again. We already have four kids and another would send me over the edge. We didn't take any risks this month so I can't think for the life of me where I could have possible gotten pregnant ... we shall see. My period is often late (sometimes up to two weeks late) so I'm not going crazy yet. And I haven't had any other signs like sore breasts or nausier. I am wanting to send Bill off as soon as we have the money to get get a vasectomy. Bill is keen too but as usual it is a matter of money.
I am selling a baby chinchilla today so that will give me $60 to go buy an exercise dvd in the meantime while I save money for a gym membership. I have kept up my walking too. 5km 2 days a week and 1.5km 5 days. Next weekend I am going to walk the 'Round the Bays' walk. 8.4km event held once a year. This is the first time entering. It should be a good challenge as the most I walk in one go at the moment is 5km. With 70,000 other people also doing it, should make for a good day.
I have also decided to do a half marathon 21.5km in August at Taupo. So the walk next week should be a good build up to that one. Bill and I are going to do the half marathon together. By the way we are walking it not running .. hehe. I should be able to get my walking distance up to that length in five months.
Well that's about all for today. Till next time ... happy losing!

No comments: