Thursday, April 24, 2008

who needs 3 wishes, just 1 ... I want that job!!


Did my first day back counting points yesterday and must admit it gave me a huge sense of being in control again. I ended up having to eat on the run for dinner so as the person I was with was driving through KFC I decided on a Works burger for dinner. Obviously not my first choice in healthy nutrition. I guestimated at 8-9pts making me 1 or 2pts over for the day, not too bad I reasoned with myself.

This morning I looked up the KFC website to find that actually the works burger is infact only 4pts!!! I triple, quadrupally tested it ... yep only 4pts! So here I was feeling guilty about nothing! It actually meant I was under points by 4 for the day.

~~~

I've had the wonderful pleasure of being awarded the latest award going round by Linda and CactusFreek ... sounds like I'm describing a flu bug! haha! Not quite the same horrible side effects. Awww ... Thankyou guys ...






Now to pass it on ... given alot of my blogs I read have either stopped or gone private I've only chosen out of the public ones. There's so many wonderful blogs I could choose but have decided on these ones for their 'stickibility' ... that's what weightloss is about ... being in for the long haul and these three chicks I am commending for that!! Well done guys!!



So here's who I pass it onto ... Zanna, Hippygal, and Jen ...



Onto another day ... my day off in the shop so as usual I've jumped on the ambulance for the day. My job application closes off tomorrow so hopefully should hear back next week if I've made the short list ... so hope so! But of course not getting my hopes up too much ... who am I kidding??? My hopes are through the roof!!!

14 comments:

Kate said...

I hope you get the job you want! Good Luck!

Zanna said...

Hey babe, thanks so much for the award. Funnily enough there have been a few times recently when I've seriously thought about stopping my blog for a while but I've managed to keep going - just at a reduced pace!! Got my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you on the job front. Take carae Z xx

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Good luck with the job app....

Jaxx said...

Good luck with the job :) and thanks for the award.... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! 4 points is amazing!! I am in shock! Awesome feeling when you can dine at KFC and still end up UNDER points. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Ohh I HATE to be the bearer of bad news... but... the KFC website... you worked out the points per 100g i think... not the whole burger!!
Works burger energy - 2727kj/serve, Sat Fat - 11.3g/serve
:( - according to my calculator (which is a few years old) - 12.5pts
Sorry Darl..
I might just be looking at the wrong burger??

Anne said...

Fingers crossed for the job Lyn:-)

Ouch - wonder if the comment above is right - 12.5 points!!

Moby Dick said...

You need to double those points. 8 at least. Sorry, but that's a fact Jack. The diets give you a bogus point system so that you will continue to fail and keep buying more diet books and diet products in an endless cycle.

Lyn said...

yep you guys are right ... given it is 214g I multiplied the serving by 214% which gave me 8.5pts ... bugger, but still better than the 12pts I thought it was gonna be. I thought it was too good to be true!! Very cunning of them!

Thanks for pointing that out guys(haha cool pun!)

Name: Lynise said...

hi ya,
gosh there's been a lot happening in your neck of the ambo woods lately.
Got a call from a friend whose Uncle had dropped dead at the Waihi market then another good friend had their farm worker die in a car accident on a stretch of roadworks. (passenger in the back seat).
Same friend then had her husband put a stake through his foot while fencing (but not sure if he was taken to hospital by ambo or car).

Will have my fingers crossed for you regarding the job.

Have a great week.

Lee-Anne said...

Hi mate. Hope you get the job. You deserve and I know it's your passion.

I asked Jamie about the job in Rotorua. He said the old manager got it back.
Sucks that nobody bothered to reply. Rather rude actually.

Hope to hear good things happening in your neck of the woods. Catch ya soon.

TitanThirteen said...

Awwww crap! I got all excited then! KFC is my fav food and the works burger is my fav burger from KFC. I haven't eaten KFC since new years. Every time i drive into town i have to drive past KFC and everytime, i drool patheticaly! But i don't give in :o)
I just got all hyped up, reading your post, and now i have endured the sad let down in reading the other comments. Oh what a sad part of our exsistance! lol

Good luck with the job. We want to know as soon as you do!! :o)

Anne said...

Wondering if you've heard anything yet??

Hope you are having a good week:-)

Nona said...

Good luch with the job sweet Lyn. You've been working so hard and deserve the chance!!!

Btw. nothing with the words KFC on it can be good for you no matter what the points are.