Sunday, April 06, 2008

Proud moments

*UPDATE*


Oopps!! I forgot to post the pics of Lee-anne's wedding. Here they are (below)



I've had my head buried in the sand the last week. Not wanting to admit the bad food I've been consuming. I think it started by the fact that I felt I did really well eatingwise at Lee-annes wedding and came home to a yucky gain. Then it went downhill from there. The whole thought of 'what's the point?' filled my brain.

So when my official gain showed up on Wednesday I couldn't bring myself to blog it. 104 yucky kilograms!!!!

Then two days later it was back down again to 101.7kg!!! That's just cruel! But I'm back ontrack again after a couple of days of sulking and wallowing in my pity!

Lee-anne's wedding was absolutely beautiful! She was stunning! She asked me to post some pics for her till she gets back from sunny Rarotonga! (lucky tart!)








While there I got talking to a lady (who I'd never met before) and turns out she is the mother of the guy that interviewed Bill for the new job he was going for in Rotorua! How bizzare is that?? And then she ends up being at our table at the reception... too weird! Still no news on how Bill got on yet.

Yesterday I attended a funeral of a young 26yr old guy who died of cancer. Very very sad! He was a truck driver and fire brigade officer here in Waihi. So they had a full ceremonial farewell for him with the Fire Brigade, Police and Ambos in full formal uniform. The casket was on top of his fire truck and behind we all marched in perfect rows of four ... Firies, then us ambos, then police. We marched behind right down the main street. Hundreds of people lined the streets and everyone was in perfect silence!! Was a very emotional moment!! The sense of pride felt by us all in respect for one of our own was overwelming!

After the funeral we marched back to the fire station and behind us was a long line of logging/freight trucks about 15 of them all up. And as we reached the station each of the trucks drove by slowly and one by one pomped their horn in goodbye, it went on for quite some time. Everyone had tears in their eyes! There was a moments silence then the fire station siren went off for a last call for him. The officers got in their fire trucks and they slowly drove off for a private family cremation. Every single person had tears in their eyes! What an amazing sendoff to one amazing officer who was taken much too soon!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Ugh, I had a bad day today eating wise, haven't been feeling well, and just said screw it, I hate it when that happens. So I understand, and Im sure I will be in the gain boat with you tomorrow, so I can help you bail water...

Glad to hear your back on track, I am too!

Jaxx said...

Was coming on here to leave you a message to see how things were. 26 is far to young....

jen said...

ohhh how sad, but what a fitting farewell to the young man.

I been having a hard time of it of late so it must be catching, but so glad to hear you have got yourself back on track....the journey is full of many detours ehhh?

Mel. said...

ohhhh how sad but what a great farewell for your friend...

We all go through hard times and it good to see you back on track again.....

Blogger K L said...

The wedding photos look great - what a beautiful dress! It seems to be the season for weddings lately.

Well done getting back on track :D

Anne said...

LOL - I wondered where the photos were!

Good feeling to be back on track again:-)