Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Don't run away mojo!!




Firstly ... 'Me' ... the guy's name that wrote Diary of a Fat Man is Paul Jeffreys. (published by Penguin Books) Hope that helps. I must admit I tried to do a search on the net to find a pic for yesterdays post but found very little info on it. I wonder if they pulled it from publication when he died.




This new menu plan is working out great for me! (the Greenlane one I talked about yesterday). It's really hard to stick to and I'm finding I'm getting really hungry (like stomach majorly growling at me hungry) between meals. I think this is a good thing for me right now. I got so used to the points system where if I got hungry I just ate and used the points from another day.




Get this ... I've EVEN gone to black coffee/no sugar!!! (normal is white/1 large tsp sugar) And it's not actually too bad!




As you may recall I had beetroot for my menu dinner last night. I had raw beetroot there that I was going to cook up. But not wanting to add sugar I found a recipe to roast them with garlic and balsamic vinegar which in theory sounded devine ...ehem ... 2.5hrs later everything else was cooked and we were still waiting for the beetroot. I gave up, took it out of the oven and decided to boil it ... half an hour later I thought they must be cooked. The kids had eaten everything else on their plate so I peeled the beetroot and dished it up. "YUMM!! Beetroot like grandma does!!" came their excited replies. They started hooking into it as I peeled Bill's and my portions. "Umm, it's okay, not quite as good as grandma's beetroot" I heard them say. As I took a bite of my beetroot I was discusted!! It was revolting!!! Still crunchy and raw!!! Those poor kids ate their beetroot without another word! I just couldn't eat mine! YUCK!! I gave in and went and got a can of the stuff out of the cupboard. "You kids want any more of the canned stuff?" "No mum I'm full" Poor things! lol




We finished the night off with our allotted ww icecream and baked apples.




This morning it was worth it all with a loss of 600g on the scales for my weekly weighin! Very happy given I've only been on this plan one day.




My food for today is ...




Breakfast - 1 boiled egg, 1 slice dry toast, 1/2 banana




Lunch - 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 snax crackers




Dinner - 2 Frankfurters, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots




Snack - 1 cup ww icecream, 1/2 banana






My mojo may very well be on it's way back!!

9 comments:

Anne said...

Good when the mojo comes back. LOL at the beetroot. I tried roasting it once and wasn't impressed. WW points system sometimes is a bit too flexible so something a lot more rigid could help you get back into it again:-)

Lynda said...

You should explain that Paul did not die from anything related to losing weight - wasn't it a brain tumor or something? Poor guy, really did well too. I hope you get your mojo back :)

Jules said...

I agree with Lynda, he died tragically of a tumour, nothing to do with his new healthy lifestyle. And he gained a whole great outlook on life by losing all that weight. I found his book extremely easy to read and I also have "Fat Man Cooks" which is a great recipe and ideas book.

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

Hey :)

Just popped in to catch up on all your latest and to see if Bill had got word on his job yet.
Bravo for your loss this week.
That diet sounds WAY too restrictive for me but well done for you doing so well on it :)

Cheers P

jen said...

Great going .... will have a read of ther book, but think I'll keep counting me points!!!

Me said...

Thaks for the name Lyn - will be going to the library catalogue to see if I can find it by name rather than title.
Don't think I could do the Greenlane thing - too restrictive for me - having said that I'm not doing a great job of counting points right now anyway ....
Cheers and have a great day !

pointing the weigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pointing the weigh said...

I agree with you, the Trilogy ring is lovely idea, for the meaning of it.

Hugs chuck x

TitanThirteen said...

1 cup of cottage cheese?? Holy crap they musta been big crackers! lol