Sunday, January 04, 2009

new truck to play with

I'm having a fantastic day today. Was a little nervous coming to work as I'm posted at another station that I've never been to before (Mangere Station). But it's going really well. My partner and I are driving one of the brand new Mercedes Benz Ambulances (only a couple of months old) so that's a bit of fun tutuing with all the knobs and gadgets ... yay!! Ohh yeah and also trying to save some lives!! hehe

Had a catchup with a friend on my four days off and hmmm what was supposed to be a couple of drinks ended up being a 3am finish and staying the night and being VERY hungover next day ... but hey is good to do it every once in a while.

Spent the next couple of days sculling water with the huge dehydration I inflicted on myself and was stunned to see after all the water consumed I am still 300g down with another 3 days to go before weigh day. Yay, this plan is really working for me.

Basically I'm doing weightwatchers but taking out the starchy carbs (breads, pasta, rice, potato, chips, cereal) and it seems to be happening for me.

Hmmm ... that's about all the news for today ... thanks for all the encouragement guys :)

5 comments:

Chris H said...

IKKKK to hangovers! Hope you had fun with the new wheels.

Jaxx said...

Got to love new toys and congrats on your awesome loss last week :-)

Tania said...

Sounds like a good night - we all need to let our hair down now and again. Enjoy your new "toy".

Anonymous said...

ooh! A Merc! Noice!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.