Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I wanna!!

I usually shy away from doing 'woe-is-me' posts as that's not really who I am ...

But today I'm feeling rather lonely and blah!! why??

Cuz it's my birthday and I'm here in Auckland by myself ... all alone ... not even a flatmate to chat with.

I got rung up at 10.15pm last night and asked if I would do a 'recall' which basically means I go to work on one of my days off and get paid time and a half for it. So at the end of the day it means around $200-$300 extra in my pay packet next week. Originally I told him to see if he could find someone else (I was too shy to tell him it was my birthday that day) and Bill was saying in the background "go for it, you can do it" ... so in a moment of weakness I gave in and said yes.

So what that means is that on my birthday ... the one day of the year that I should be celebrating me ... I had to wake up at 3.30am, drive to Auckland, start work at 6am, work my arse off all day at the busiest station in the country ... go back to an empty flat (my flatmates are both away) and sit by myself ... on my birthday!! damn it!!! Not worth going home cuz I have to go back to work in one more day.

The biggest reason I'm feeling sad and lonely today is that my best mate in the whole world (we've been friends and fellow ambulance officers for the past 3yrs) is not speaking to me ... and it's my birthday!! damn it!!! It's a long story and basically she's not mad at me (I don't think) just an awkward moment where a few heated words were spoken. I have tried to make peace, both in person, txt, email and any other way I can think of ...

... I don't think she knows its my birthday ... and I dont really want to tell her cuz then it sounds like I'm trying to make her feel guilty or manipulate her which I'm not.

Any I'm allowed a sad day ... and today is my sad day ... Happy Birthday me :(

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lyn - all the way from Australia :)
I too had a blah birthday so I can totally relate.
Tomorrow's another day so am sure you'll be feeling better then.
Congrats on your fantastic weight loss! I've lost 35kgs so far - 5 to go to goal and i tell ya, they seem to be the hardest to shift. No way am i complaining though :)

Once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Kimmie

Zanna said...

Youre allowed to feel blue under those circumstances. Happy birthday anyway kiddo and hope the issue with your friend resolves itself soon. Take care Z xx

Miss Coops said...

Aww hun. I hope your day picks up!

Happy Birthday sweetie!!!!!!

donna said...

bugga lynn
Happy Birthday
hope you buy something nice with the xtra money

Jaxx said...

Happy Birthday - hope your day improved :-)

Lynda said...

Oh I am so sorry you are alone on your birthday :) Make sure you have a special day when you get back with the family.

Tania said...

Oh Lyn, no one should be alone on their birthday! Hope the day got better for you and you sort things out with your friend really soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello

First Happy birthday


I was following you when you had your first Blog then I lost track. I was a little disapointed because I was coming to new zealand and your blog was one of the things who helps me during my weight loss.

I m happy to see your back on track.

You will find a way to get on with your friend again

Happy birthday again and if today is not really nice don't worry tomorrow will be better.

Take care

Sandralicious

ps : sorry for my english being french sometimes my meanings don't always translate well.

Name: Lynise said...

hey there,
not sure if you are working tomorrow (Monday) but I'm in Auckland if you have time for a coffee. (heading back home on Tuesday, but will be back later in the week to pick up Evianah).

I have accidently left my mobile in Tga so I'm Akl area code 264 0031 until Tuesday if you are around.

jen said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear lyn,
Happy Birthday to you.

Geee glad you can't hear me sing, but I sung it very loudly and sent all my very best wishes and love and hugs too....

Hope you feeling better now.
Jen xx

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!

Rachel said...

Bugger about having to work on your birthday.

Hope you had a better day when you got home to your family.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Nona said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sorry it was such a blah day, but I hope Bill and the kids will celebrate on another day!!!