Monday, July 21, 2008

Waiting Game

I got home on Thursday night, excited that the next day was D Day!! The day we would get the phone call whether our sale had gone unconditional ....

... sadly I got home to news from Bill that the agent had rang to say the buyers wanted more time to think about it. I was so angry I burst into tears!! How could this be?? Everything was going to plan so well!! I felt mucked around. Either it was yay or nay ... not a maybe, maybe not!!! It doesn't give me a good feeling.

I spent the night crying, and everytime I woke during the night, hoping it was all a bad dream the realisation that it wasn't a dream but reality sent me into another episode of crying.

Initially I was going to pull of my ambo shift on Friday but made the decision to carry on, knowing that sitting at home thinking about it all, would only make me worse.

So I turned up for duty on Friday with red, puffy eyes. My duty officer that day was very caring and listened to my blabbering, trying to add words of comfort.

Friday night was our ambulance awards dinner and I promised myself I wouldn't be focusing on the shop but enjoy myself, concentrating on my enjoyment of ambulance service.

We had a great night and I managed to keep my mind away from the disappointing news. Than an exciting unexpected thing happened ...

... I won the top award ... "Ambulance Officer of the Year" complete with certificate and trophy cup!! Yay!!!

And as far as my weighin ... I stayed the same this week ... which I'm ok about.

Now we continue to wait ... I HATE WAITING!!

11 comments:

Name: Lynise said...

oh that just sux, I would be feeling absolutely gutted too.
So many questions....
Have they told you how much extra time they need?
I know settlement date was to be close to the end of the month (23rd from memory) have they set a new settlement date?
I am really sorry to hear that this has happened, just when things seemed to be going so smoothly.

Jaxx said...

Bugger about the settlement but congrats on the award :-)

Kate said...

Congrats on the award, and on maintaining for the week, a maintain is always better than a gain right?

And bummer about the settlement!

Anne said...

First of all congrats! Well deserved!!

Secodnly I know exactly how you are feeling. We are having our own waiting game. Contract or no contract. Benn going on for 6 months. D day for us is Friday. I hate the suspense:-(

merinz said...

Good luck - the waiting game is a hard one to play!

jen said...

ohhh darn, hang in there darl, waiting is hard!!

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on the fantastic award, wooooohooooooo well done!!!

TitanThirteen said...

The house selling thing really bites! When John and i sold our first house together, we waited over a year with indecisive buyers [and sometimes incompetent agents!]. It's really frustrating! [[HUG]] :o/

Winning that award would have been pretty awesome though!! :o))

Tania said...

Fantastic news on the award - and very well deserved too! Keeping my fingers crossed the news is just as good about the sale - how frustrating for you all!

Nona said...

Ambulance Officer of the Year!!! How cool is that!!! Well done girl!!!

Hope everything turns out alright with the sale. I know it must be very frustrating.

Lynda said...

Sorry Lyn, I meant to post a comment earlier - well done on the award!!! Awesome news.

Miss Coops said...

WOW how cool, ambulance officer of the year!!! that flipping awesome, i hope everything else works out for you aswell!