Thursday, April 06, 2006

To be inspired? or not to be

Teacher


So much for not being to fussy about counting points?? I did a rough countup at the end of the day, thinking I'd done alright. Helloooo!! 42pts later!! Everytime I ate something I ate a healthy version of it and I didn't eat anything that was "unhealthy" but obviously I ate WAY TOO MUCH!!

I can see it's going to take a bit to get back into this points thing. And that's where the no count thing doesn't work for me. I think I subconsciously think ohh I can eat as much as I like. I find it really hard to do the hunger signals part. Maybe points is still the way to go for me.

Problem being I've counted points for 3 yrs and I'm really over counting points. I need something new and inspirational for me to turn that 'lightswitch' on. Because as much as I know I need to do this, I am so not inspired right now. Arrgghghhh it's frustrating!!

There's probably a few things not in my favour here ...


  • I'm here working in a shop full of food by myself for a week.
  • I have no time to get out to exercise
  • It's preweek to TTOM when I get all my sugar cravings
  • I don't know how much I actually weigh, not sure why this is a problem. There's part of me that needs to have a starting weight to keep inspired.
  • I'm not sleeping very well at the moment so I'm getting tired and grumpy.
But these are actually just excuses. If I was inspired enough I would overcome these hurdles. But to be inspired ... hmmm ... what does that mean??

"inspire"

Pronunciation: in-'spIr
Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): inspired; inspiring
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French & Latin;
Middle French inspirer, from Latin inspirare, from in- + spirare to
breathe transitive senses

1 a : to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural
inspiration



From the webster dictionary


Maybe this is my problem.

Maybe inspiration is only a God given thing?

Maybe I need to ask for inspiration? Hmmm definately food for thought.

Lyn :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hey there

Eating the right healthy foods is a great start hun! Definitely better than eating crap stuff. Like you say you just gotta limit the portions etc now.
*hugs*

Lee-Anne said...

Once you get back into it you will be fine. Your body will adjust quickly. Take care and have a great weekend.