Saturday, April 08, 2006

The best bargains ever!

Money


As you can tell I've been playing around with my blog and putting my personal touch on it. I just love doing this! Over the next little while I'll be adding a few more bits and pieces and tweaking it here and there. And as soon as I have a start weight I'll add a ticker timer as well. I think it's always nice to go to a blog and see straight away where they have come from and where they plan to go to.

I'm very excited!! Wahooo this could be the thing that gets me motivated again. We belong to a rewards program with Anchor where we earn points for milk we sell in the shop. We've been saving our points up over the past 18mths and now have a balance of over $2000.00 worth of rewards we can 'buy'. It's like the 'flybys' card but for dairy owners who sell Anchor milk.

Anyway so yesterday I went on a spending spree on the computer and 'bought' some goodies for us using our Anchor points.

Here's what we bought ...



Elliptical Trainer




(For me ... heheh!) Whenever I've been to a gym I've lived on these machines, I just love them!

Weights Bench




(For Bill) He's been doing his own weights program at home for a few months now but never had a proper bench to use. He was over the moon that I chose this for him. And of course I'll be able to use it too.

Bodyfat Computer Scales





Now I'll know exactly how much I weigh and can put in a start weight soon ... yay!! Bill laughed when I said I chose scales, especially glass ones. "yeah, yeah, I promise I won't break these ones" I laughed. (I have a habit of getting annoyed with scales and jumping on them!

Benchtop Oven




Our oven has been broken since June of last year, so for nearly a year now I've been cooking meals in a microwave and an electric wok. We bought a second hand oven at a garage sale that on getting it wired in didn't work! So gave up after that. Now finally I can cook in an oven again ... oh the joys of simple pleasures!!

So as you can probably tell a little retail therapy did wonders and the best part ... it didn't cost me a cent!!! Now THAT'S cool!!!

Lyn :)

2 comments:

Chubbymum said...

OMG that is a lot of stuff for only $2000 woohoo you are fabulous shopper that is for sure.

Chubbymum

Karen said...

Woooohooo some great bargins there! Would be awesome to have those machines at home to be able to do the exercises whenever you feel like it! :)