Wednesday, December 17, 2008

what doesnt kill me will make me stronger

Well I'm not sure if anyone will read this update as it's been so long since I updated my blog. Apologies for that :(

Life is like a whirlwind!! It feels like I just finish one day and onto plans for the next. I'm still loving my work! I thought I loved ambulance work in Waihi but didn't know true satisfaction till the last month. In Waihi I would get heart palpitations every time the pager went off I think mainly from the fact that I was pushed into a leadership role far before I was really ready. I realise now how much that knocked my confidence.

The last couple of weeks I have been working with an advanced paramedic who is so cruzy and discourages any stress yet at the same time has taught me so much!! I'm absolutely loving my work!!

As for commuting back and forth I still find the first night up in Auckland hard, feeling huge amounts of homesickness. Missing my kids bucketloads. Especially when my 6yr old Christmas present (yes early I know) of a trip to Rarotonga in May (my holidays) for 10 days, kid free, stress free, hubby free!! So my best friend and I are off for 10 days of bliss, staying at my sisters bach!! Roll on May!! Now that's gotta be motivation to get down in weight!!

Talking about weight ... to be honest I haven't weighed myself in over a month ... last month weighing in at 103kgs ... not too bad ... still maintaining. But I'm definately not in the weightloss mode at the moment. Guess it's a case of trying to balance life and until everything settles down I can't focus on weightloss. My jeans still fit so I guess that can't be too bad. But I know I can't let it go on for too long, gotta get back to it.

Janene (from Lean Janene) is a huge motivation for me at the moment ... I'm so proud of her! She's a sweetie from within and on the outside. I can't wait to see her transformation ... huggggs chickey!!!

Well that's my update for today, life is still good, still chaotic, still happy with my career path, as challenging as it may be at times. But hurdles are good if it makes us stronger, and stronger I HAVE DEFINATELY BECOME!!!

15 comments:

Jaxx said...

Am so glad you popped in to say Hi :-). And am glad you are still enjoying your job. have a great Christmas :-)

Anne said...

So good to see an update from you. Have been wondering how you were doing! And you are doing just fine by the sounds of it by maintaining your weight with all the changes in your life.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Lyn!

Name: Lynise said...

Good grief, is that Lyn? is that really you. I thought you had been sucked into the great metropolis of Auckland never to return to us again. lol

Went and saw Janene today and she is looking fantastic. No sign of just having had major surgery, although its all done laproscopically (sp) so I guess the body isn't anywhere near as traumatised as it would have been under the old method.

In fact, I'm sure I looked worse after having a baby then what Janene looks after her surgery.

So glad things are going well for you in Akl. I will no doubt be up there at some stage over the school holidays and will endeavour to catch up for a coffee. (will let you know well in advance hopefully).

Have an awesome Christmas.

Lynda said...

Hey that is great that you are loving your job - I'm so glad that there are wonderful, skilled people just like you out there helping people.

Merry Christmas to you - I suppose Bill is gearing up for the busy time in the shop too, hopefully he has lots of help.

Marie said...

Hope you have a wonderful christmas and life settles down for you.

jen said...

Welcome back Lyn...been looking out for you. Glad all is going well and that the job is a dream for you.

Merry Christmas, and keep smiling.

donna said...

glad all is well with you lynn and am glad your enjoying life in auckland i bet theres a few stories you could tell about auckland traffic lol
have a great christmas

Janine said...

So nice to see an entry from you - I usually pop by every now and then to see if you have updated.

I am so pleased that you are loving your work.

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you updated :) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Rachel said...

Hey Lyn, glad to see your update.

Great to hear your loving your job so much in Akld and that holiday sounds like bliss!

Have a fab christmas :)

Margaret said...

I'm glad you updated I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.All the best for the New Year too.

Tania said...

Oh glad to hear that things are going so well for you Lyn - you really found your niche with this job and you're making a difference, what a sense of achievement that must give you.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas Darls!

Jules said...

You are definitely doing the hard yards. I am proud of you because Blair and I could only handle ten days apart and then it was too much to bear it. Good on you for following your career and getting such a quality of training and work experience. You are great!!

Anonymous said...

Hello
[url=http://www.replicaonnet.com/]ativan pills[/url]
Ativan - Wipe away anxiety
Buy Ativan (Lorazepam) at reliable online pharmacy and save extra money! No prescription! No hidden fees!
As there are a lot of anxiety drugs out in the market today, it will be best for you to consult a doctor and tell him your history.
ativan without prescription
The patients taking Lorazepam need to know that they needed someone to put them to bed in order to avoid the risk of accidental falls.
http://www.replicaonnet.com/ - buy lorazepam
• A daily dose of 2 – 4 mg is advised for patients with anxiety-related insomnia before bedtime.