Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Satisfaction

Life is good ... things are still working out well with my four days on, four days off and commuting back and forth between Auckland and Waihi Beach. I find by my last shift on I'm getting pretty tired but recover pretty quickly on my days off. The first day I have a couple of hours sleep in the morning before I leave Auckland, travel to Waihi Beach and keep myself awake and go to bed early, have a good 12hrs sleep and wake up feeling pretty good.

It's bliss having the four days off and I'm finding I'm spending some really good time with Bill and the kids.

The flat in Auckland is still going well. We are all (3 of us) working pretty long hours so we all don't see a huge amount of each other. Infact sometimes I might go 3 days without seeing anyone, quite bizarre. But when we are all together there for dinner we have quite a good social catchup. I think it helps that we're all a bit older in age group and maybe a bit wiser and past the whole 'party mode' era.

My weight has stabalised at the moment and I've stayed the same (102kgs) for the past 3wks give or take 100g. So I'm happy with that.

Got a few more things to catch up on here in Waihi before I head back to the big smoke tomorrow.

I certainly can't complain about anything ... Life is good!!!

12 comments:

Jaxx said...

Am so glad things are going so well for you all. Do you still have the shop??

merinz said...

Good to hear that all is going well with you and your new job is working out.

Lynda said...

I'm so pleased to hear that life is good!!!

Tania said...

So good to hear that all is going well with the job. That's the thing with being away from your family for 4 days, makes the time you spend with them so much more special. Well done on maintaining your weight too - double digits are so close!

jen said...

Glad all is going well for you and life is good!!
Well done on the maintaining....

Karen said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well for you and the family. Like Tania says being away from them for 4 days makes the 4 days you have with them so much more precious!

Tina :o) said...

It is so great when life is good. That's great:O)
Take care
Tina

TitanThirteen said...

Yea i was wondering about the shop too.

Rachel said...

Hi Lyn,

WOW how things have changed for you over the last couple of months. I am so wrapped for you for getting the job (last time I read you were only thinking about applying for it).

Your also doing really well with your weight considering all of the disruption in your life lately (with job and commuting etc), awesome news.

Can't wait for your next update.

See ya,
Rach

Moby Dick said...

Good to see that you are doing well!

Nona said...

So glad to hear things are working out so well for you Lyn.

(((Hugs)))

Jaxx said...

Just popping in to say Have a great Christmas :-)