Monday, September 29, 2008

Time is so precious!!


This pic was snapped on my phone camera this morning ... the kids were cracking up because Bill was trying to tickle my bottom with a toi toi flower behind my back as I was snapping the photo!! This photo captures our time together as a family!! I'm loving it!!


A BIG HI to Debbie!! Debbie's sister in law is in the same intake as me in Auckland ... I won't mention her name (ya never know who is reading round the corner) but she's a VERY COOL CHICK!! A real doll!!


I've done two shifts on the road now and it's not as scary as I thought it would be! And everyone around me is so supportive, even tho I am the 'newbie' :)


And yes I have been flopping into bed at the end of my shifts but I'm absolutely LOVING IT!! I still have to pinch myself to think I'm being paid to do something that I've done volunterally for the past 2yrs and love so much!!


I've just finished my first 4 days off and have had a wonderful time with my family. We've been down to the beach, gone for walks and sat and talked ... very cool time!!


I'm back up to Auckland this afternoon for day shifts the next 2 days and 2 night shifts.


And no I wasn't at the stabbing in Auckland last week. I started the very next shift (half an hour later) and it wasn't in the area I was working. (I've had heaps of people ask me that lol)


I finally got on the scales yesterday ... first time in nearly 3 months!!! Wow time goes quick. And I'm not too disappointed ... a gain of 2.4kgs ... could be worse but of course I could have been lighter too!! Water under the bridge. Things are still a little crazy to go back to counting points just yet ... as always I'll get back to it when my world settles down and I get used to this new routine.


I usually find I get a little homesick the first day or so (mainly in the evenings) then my mind gets busy and I come right. Bill said the kids are the opposite, they're fine for the first few days then they start asking when I'm coming home, saying they miss me ... :( That's the hardest part in all of this. But they are coping very well and our time together is precious, and we all treat it as so.


Anyway better get my butt back to Auckland ... so sorry I haven't commented on any blogs lately!! I have just been soo soo busy!! Miss you all!!

8 comments:

jen said...

What an awesome pic... I love it.
Glad all is going well for you, happy that your're happy! Miss you too...

Jen

Zanna said...

Brilliant photo and as always I get such a buzz to hear how happy you are. Z xx

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

So glad to hear you are coping with it.. and loving it!!

Jaxx said...

Am glad all is going well for you :-) and love the pic.

Tania said...

Gorgeous photo - glad things are going so well with the job. With everything going on gaining only 2.4kgs in 3 months is awesome. Always good to hear from you :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyn, thanks for saying "Hi!!" You may remember me, I have commented a few times, but I'm a bit shy at leaving comments, but I always love reading your blog! I find I can relate to you as we are a similar age, same height and I was a similar weight, except that I'm now 34 weeks preggers, so am a bit more now!
I am lucky to have such a neat SIL, as you probably know they just got back from honey moon the day before the course started.
Best wishes with your job. Cheers,
Debbie

Anne said...

Life sounds so busy for you! The picture is beautiful, priceless:-)

TitanThirteen said...

It's awesome that you are loving your job so much that being stuffed at the end of the day is no problem!

Are you guys going to continue the long distance thing? Or are you planning on moving the family to Auckland?