Monday, August 18, 2008

the pieces are coming together

Wow it's overwhelming to read all your lovely comments!! Thankyou so much!!

Although I didn't think I was too phased about the fact that I hadn't organised anywhere to stay in Auckland yet, subconsiously I think it was playing on my brain.

I had a couple of options up my sleeve but they all had a little tweaky thing that didn't make it 100% suitable.

Here was my criteria ...

  • needed to be close to the motorway for easy access wherever I might be put for that day
  • needed to be more south auckland than anywhere else, for closer commuting home and I know the layout of south auckland better given we lived there for 7yrs
  • wanted a quiet household where I could easily sleep during the day when on night shift
  • no kids
  • no party house
  • no lawns to mow
  • reasonable rent
  • off street parking for my car
  • secure area given I would be coming and going all hours of the day and night
  • friendly flatmates who I could relax around

Option One ... Had been offered a place with an ambo friend who lived out at Kawakawa bay. She's a lovely lady and they are a retired couple but it was so far out of Auckland (35mins on a good day)

Option Two ... My cousin and his wife have just moved to Auckland in Onehunga. While I get on really well with them she is pregnant due to give birth in October and they have a big barking dog. I could see myself having sleeping issues there.

Option Three ... Sandybee from on here said she had a friend looking for a housemate but was located a little off the motorway and more east auckland than south.

I really wasn't sure which of these options to pursue. Last week I rang a really good friend of mine (who I worked with for 5yrs at The Warehouse in Manukau). She was sooo excited when I told her I was going to be coming back to Auckland. "You HAVE to come live with me!!!" She said. Turns out her and her flatmate had said the week before they wanted to get another flatmate in. They live in a 3 bedroom 2 storey townhouse (only 3yrs old) right in the centre of Manukau City ... 500mtrs off the motorway.

I have a double room for $150 a week which includes rent, power, phone, internet, off street carpark, as many toll calls as I want (she's on a flat rate call plan) and she and her flatmate are in their 40's, with no kids and not into frequent parties. They both work full time so will have the place to myself during the days (when I'm doing nightshift). And we get on like a house on fire!!!

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! As soon as it was confirmed that's where I'll be living it was like a huge weight came off my shoulders!! Made me realise how stressed I actually was about it.

I can't wait to catchup with her again... it's all fitting in perfectly!!!

10 comments:

Chris H said...

PERFECT!!! WE can go walkies together when you are not sleeping!!!!!! Awesome, hope you think so too.... we will be living really close to one another! I will text you our new address.... hope I still have the right number! Otherwise you can send me an email with ya number OK???? OOO SO EXCITING FOR YOU.. AND ME!

Jaxx said...

Isn't it wonderful when it falls into place like that - you know then that is as all meant to be :-)

Kate said...

I'm so happy for you! Congrats! Isn't it amazing how everything just falls into place?

jen said...

Sounds like it was meant to be....so happy for you that everything is falling into place for you....

Tania said...

So perfectly in fact it's proof that it was meant to be! Time for the next chapter to begin :-)

Pandora Woman said...

-grins- seems like there is some one co ordinating the whole lot, doesn't it? You are really going places, doing things! Good going!

I hope you will be so so happy! Just be sure to not start the habit of weekly get togethers with the girls with bags of crisps or jars of cookies on the table! -BIG GRIN-

hugs,

Willow

Karen said...

That place seems perfect and everything is falling into place for you hun! And yay for being able to go walking with Chris :)

TitanThirteen said...

That's awesome Lyn, i'm really happy for you :o)

Lyn said...

That sounds great! I am glad everything is falling into place for you. Congrats!

Jules said...

I am so excited for you. It's great to be able to be paid for doing something you love. Good for you.