Friday, August 29, 2008

A few panic attacks

I just finished my last Waihi Beach First Responce shift last night and today is my last Waihi Ambulance shift ... sad and exciting all the same.

I'm having a few drinks at the station tonight to celebrate them all getting rid of me, so that should be a bit of fun. Although I found out the other day that the other girl I know (from up the coast) who also applied for Auckland and didn't get in, is going to be at the station tonight doing a shift ... whooopsie!! lol. I told my station manager and she said "who cares?? It's your station not hers, if she wants to be here to do a visitors shift, you have every right to be here too!" Ahh well, she'll get over it I guess.

I had all my medical checks and blood tests the other day. They tested my Blood Pressure (which was a little on the high side, I'm thinking from all the stress and the fact that I've been sick for the last 2weeks), hearing test, vision test and immunity status for things like Mumps, rebella, Hep C etc.

I've been having dreams the last week which makes me think I'm a little nervous about this move to Auckland. One where I can't find my car on my first day, then work out it's a campervan which only goes 50kms/hr, so means I'm going to be late, then the road turns into a dirt track, then eventually becomes a deadend and I can't make it there.... stress?? ... um yep think I'm a little stressed.

But deep down I know this is a good move for me and one that will improve my self esteem, confidence, and ambulance skills. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there.

I go up to Auckland on Sunday/Monday to sort out my flat, get spare key, find out where my station is, parking etc.

Then I have a week off from ambulance, spend some time with the family. On Saturday (6th Sept) I go to Thames for a 2 day course (for ambulance), then up to Auckland Sunday night for my first shift Monday morning (8th Sept)

Deep breath Lyn, it will all be fine!!!

9 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Of course it will be fine... we all work ourselves into a ball of stress when we have big changes happening.. But they usually always work out ok and then we wonder why we got so worked up!!
Good luck with it all Lyn...

Tania said...

YEP - All will be fine because it's meant to be :-) Can't wait to hear how your first shift goes, it's getting closer and closer. Have a great weekend.

Lyn said...

You are going to do GREAT! Enjoy the week off :)

TitanThirteen said...

How was the party?
How long are you going to be seporated from your hubby?

Lee-Anne said...

Sorry haven't been around lately. Seems like everythings starting to happen in blogland.

Things have all fallen in to place for you. Sounds very exciting. You are an example that dreams really do come true if you put your heart into it.

Good luck with settling in and have a great first day in your wonderful, new "paying" job.

jen said...

I am sure all will be fine...coz the job was yours right from the start!!! Don't stress...and good luck, have a great weekend.

Chris H said...

Looking forward to seeing you up here chick!

Lee-Anne said...

Good luck on your first day. It's all exciting stuff. Hope the nerves weren't too bad.

TitanThirteen said...

Sooooo where ye be?