Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Gotta get moving

I went to his funeral on Monday and my emotions surprised me. I found myself feeling really angry. It felt like such a waste, he had a beatiful wife and kids and so many people around him who loved him. The room was absolutely packed out!!! There would have been over a thousand people there. We were in a side room with standing room only. So many people spoke of what a fantastic guy he was. Such a waste! His wife came up to me and gave me a hug which was really nice.

Onto the weight front ... yeah a yucky gain this week but I expected it. I can never count points properly when other stuff is going on. 1kg up but onto a good week. No more time mucking around, gotta get to those double digits!!

Ohhhh and I almost forgot ... I played netball last night, first time in over 20yrs!!! And I ran (yes ran!) up and down the courts 8 times!! First time I have run on my ankle since breaking it 18mths ago. It's very sore today but I'm proud ... ohhh and we won our game!! 25 to 7 !! yay!!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Well done on the netball game, a real on achievement after the fracture.

Blogger K L said...

wooo hooo!! (for the netball game, not the funeral, obviously) - that's a great result and a great way to exercise.

Well done getting through the funeral too. Tough day.

jen said...

I can understand the anger at the funeral. Bet it helped the wife recognised you for your efforts, nice to be acknowledged ehhh?
Well done on the netball game, way to go girl, glad the ankle held up!

Zanna said...

I understand your anger - my brother suicided 30 odd years ago - and while on some levels I can try to understand that it must be dreadful to be in such despair to drive him to do this - the underlying emotion is one of anger - the waste and the pain! Congrats on the netball. Go you!! Love Z xx

TitanThirteen said...

When people kill themselves, they usualy have no idea of how it will effect those left behind, or even how many people it will effect. It's a very horrible thing!

Go you for the netball!! :o)