Friday, January 24, 2003

Well today is the start of a new chapter or new book even. I have been on Weight watchers for 3 weeks now and have found incredible insight and motivation from reading others weight loss journals ... so ... have taken the plunge to start my own journal counting the ups and downs through the progress of my journey to SLIMSVILLE.
In the past 3 weeks I have been really satisfied with my results with 1.6kg loss both at my first and second weigh-in ... giving a total of 3.2kg total loss. I have a long way to go I know (with over 40kgs to lose) Along with my positivity I am also aware that my weight loss progress wont be as astounding as 1.6kg every week. But as I have heard many a time ... any loss is a good loss!
I am half way through my week so far and all is going good... been tracking and doing water properly. Although I find my exercise very hard to fit in. With a family of 4 kids, a husband who works long hours and a home run business... there are not many minutes left in the day. And I often find myself exhausted by the end of the day ... too exhausted to contemplate a half hour walk. Bill is working late again today (till 7.30pm) so I may try and get out after he gets home if it is still light by then ... if not, then it will have to be left for another day.
Spent the whole day reading someone's weight loss journal ... wow what an inspiration. Although she had good days and bad days I commend her for being honest to herself and writing her downfalls as well as 'upfalls'. I too hope to be as honest with myself as she has been.
My plan is to write in this journal every 2-3 days or at the least once a week and I certainly hope I can keep that up to keep myself honest, focused and ultimately nearer to my goal of 65kg. This process of losing 42.7kg I expect will take from 18mths to 2yrs (well thats the plan).
The scary thing is I have done it all before ... 10yrs ago I lost 40kg on Jenny Craig, back when I was single, rich and had all the time in the world to put 100% concentration into my goal of being slim. Now my life is alot fuller (no pun intended) I am trying to keep myself motivated with sites such as ww forum and others journals. I have heard that the second time round is alot harder for the weight to come off ... I am certainly going to have to work at it. The first time it just fell off (1 - 1.5kg loss everyweek for a year most weeks) took me just under 1 year to lose it ... this time however i expect a bit more of an uphill battle.
But in saying this I have found the ww programme incredibly easy to follow. On Jenny Craig I was often hungry but haven't found this to be the case on WW. Occasionally I have felt a binge feeling coming on but have been to override it with jumping online to inspire myself again.
Well hopefully this day will be the start of many more entries to come.
Lyn
SW 107.4kg
CW 104.2kg
GW 65kg

No comments: