Thursday, June 19, 2008

I might just have to go shopping

Wow thankyou guys. It's good to be back blogging again. I think the break was good to make me appreciate the simpleness of the reasons why I want to blog. I started to get caught up in should I say this? shouldn't I say this? who is reading? what will everyone think? When at the end of the day blogging is not about all that stuff ... it's purely and simply a ways of communicating to a bunch of friends. Having the break away made me realise how I was over complicating it all. At the end of the day I missed my bunch of mates, and THAT is why I blogg!

The funeral organisation is nearly done. Poor Bill has had it all on his shoulders to organise it all. There are 5 boys in the family ... the oldest is in Aussie so can't really do much, the next went over to Switzerland to bring Bruce back, the next one works full time and didn't really put his hand up, the next was Bruce and lastly baby bro Billy. He's done well considering, although I've had to take my hands off given it's not my brother and I can see things being done a little ... umm... shall we say ... corner's cut. I tried to put a gentle word in to give some advice which wasn't recieved too well so have left it to him and will just have to bite my lip for a bit. But that's ok, I'll get over it! lol

Bruce arrives home tommorrow and is being brought down by hearst from Auckland airport to Paeroa where the funeral director is. He will stay there for the next few days till the funeral on Monday, allowing anyone who wants to go see him to be able to there. I was a little nervous when Bill said he wanted to go see him. I warned him that Bruce has been dead for nearly two weeks now so he won't look the same. Infact he will not be looking very good at all, and that I hoped Bill won't have that memory stuck in his head and will be able to remember him as he was, not as the empty remains he last sees him as. I understand Bill's point tho that until he sees him there won't be a closing for Bill. It's all still too much like a story that happened somewhere over the other side of the world.

As for the sale of the shop not much else has happened. Basically now it's a matter of waiting for the time to go by. And I'm sure it will be going by veeery, veeery, slowly.

Onto weightloss, after all that is the whole point of my blog!! lol ... and laugh out loud I have to do. It has certainly not been my focus for the last month but it never is when my world feels like a tornado. I've been doing this for long enough to recognise that when things settle down again I will get back into it and start cracking the whip again.

And I need to do this ... because I have a friggen ball to go to ... like an evening wear ball gown ball!!! I have nothing to wear!! I got out some dresses I had from my slimmer days and had a little try on last night. Of course most were too small but one of them nearly fitted ... just the overly endowered boobs popped out the top!! Just imagine that?? On the dance floor and a boob decides to go for a runner, not a good look!!!! lol

So I guess I need to do a little shopping before the date of the ball ... 28th June, either that or lose 20kg by then ... hmmm ... don't think so!! lol

8 comments:

Anne said...

It will be closure for Bill to see his brother. Must be hard to accept when it has happened overseas.

Have fun shopping!!

Lee-Anne said...

Will be thinking of you all tomorrow. It will be a time for the family to come together and remember the good times.

Now Cinderella, just what ARE you going to wear to the ball. I know a really great shop in Tauranga if you're interested. Chance for a girlie catchup if you're interested.

Jaxx said...

Just read Le-Anne's comment I will be in for a catch up..... LMAO at the thought of a boob going running....

jen said...

I am having a good ole chuckle about the boob doing a runner on the dance floor....LOL Have fun shopping.

Not an easy time for Bill (and all the family) but I hope he finds closure.

Jen

TitanThirteen said...

I would highly recomend that people don't see thier loved ones after they have died, as it's the last memory they have of them.
Not the laughing bundle of life they last were, but a lifeless, pale shell :o/

Your hubby might appreciate your boob popping out of your dress at the dance lol

TitanThirteen said...

And i forgot to say..... Don't worry about saying the right things or what everyone thinks. No matter what we say or do, we are always going to piss someone off!
Just be yourself, then you'll find who your real freinds are :o)

Chris H said...

I am so sorry about Bill's brother ... same thing has happened to me with losing both my brothers in accidents. I wish I had seen them too... but didn't so closure is hard. I hope Monday is not too harrowing for you all. Thinking of you. *hugs*

Nona said...

Wow!!! You have had a lot going on girl. So sorry to hear of Bill's loss. That must have been very hard for the family. Hope the funeral goes smoothly.

Sorry you didn't get the job but sounds like it's just a matter of time.

Exciting news about the shop!!! Sounds like an opportunity to try something new.

Glad you're back.

{{{Hugs}}}